Moola
Here's what we're working with so far:
LT, Roos, Loper
LG Piller, Bell, Erickson
C Mawae, Amano, Rodriquez
RG Olson, Stewart
RT Stewart, Loper
TE Kinney, Troupe, Scaife, Guenther

I thought that Amano would be our starting Center, then they signed Mawae. Surely they are not hanging up on Amano. Other than using him as a backup Center, where could they move him? By the way, do we have a LongSnapper?
I'm concerned about our RT spot. Any 'Day One Starters' available in the second or third rounds? Our tackle spots do not have any reserves. Sign a vet?
Vets starting at C and G positions, leaving the T position slightly open. IMO.
Open for ideas!

If we sign Leinart, which I sincerely hope we don't, RT will be a huge problem.

As for now, Stewart isn't that experienced, so I'm hoping we can find a solution for that

Well, there's a chance someone like Marcus McNeil is available when we pick in the second. Considering we already have what we need at LB (I don't see any of the MLB's in this years draft as immediate impact players) we might look at an OT/OG here, unless there's a safety or CB left who we can't miss.

If you go beyond round 2 I don't think you'll find immediate starter material.

I think we might could find a starter in the 3rd (O'Callahan or Whitworth), but we've gotta find a way to get our 3rd round pick back. I also think that Piller will be cut after the draft.

Hello, first time post, long time lurker here...Im not overly concerned about the RT as much, seeing that Stewart and Loper were drafted to compete for the RT. They are young, hungry and do have nice size for the position, I read that Stewart reminds many of Runyan, so not to worried, let them compete hard at camp and may the best player start. You can throw Bell in the mix. They need game time experience.

What Im concerned about is the OG spot where Piller and Olson didnt play to the standard we have seen they are capable of. I just hope someone lights a fire up their butts and play with desire and heart.

Wouldnt mind if the Titans drafted another OL on the first day though

LazyManJackson said:
If we sign Leinart, which I sincerely hope we don't, RT will be a huge problem.

As for now, Stewart isn't that experienced, so I'm hoping we can find a solution for that

If we draft Leinart and the value of RT and LT shifts somewhat then you can just keep Roos on the right side if you want and put the other guy on the left. I don't think it is that big of a problem. I think signing a vet for cheap would be a good idea though.

fitantitans said:
I thought that Amano would be our starting Center, then they signed Mawae. Surely they are not hanging up on Amano. Other than using him as a backup Center, where could they move him?

Amano played some G, and I thought he looked pretty good like when he played C. I don't remember him pulling or getting the the 2nd level much, just that he held his ground well in pass protection and moved some DT's off the line in the run game. Not a lot to go by (kind of a theme with such a young team), but I thought there was some hope for him. Either Reese or Fisher said something about Amano learning more from Mawea.

As for RT, the bad play of Olsen, the worse play of Pillar....I dunno. Maybe a 2nd round stud can be found, but I wouldn't be suprised that he sits this year if he's a G.

On the radio the other morning Wychek said Mawae is about as mean a lineman as you'll find and won't take anything but top effort out of anyone. Maybe he can light the fire under the OL you're speaking of.

our OL is a little unexperienced on the corners, but looks good in the middle, roos could keep lienart from getting killed and the left side we need a little work on, for our run game, we should just go up the gut, cuz outside might be the problem, but inside we got it covered....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back