Washington traded up to get Rocky McIntosh who was the 7th rated OLB

Buffalo's #8 selection of Donte Whitner also qualifies

(feel free to add if you see fit)

Green Bay gets a mention fro trading picks twice in a row
trade out of one and then back into the next slot or something

then they trade Javon Walker to Denver for peanuts

DAMNIT !!!

Oaklnad just picked Thomas Howard in front of us
so I guess we get a nod for letting the fastest LB in the draft slip right in front of us.
kinda like the year KC drafted Larry Johnson right in front of us

How about adding Floyd Reese, for not yet adressing our weakest link, the offensive line...

Stewart, Bell and Loper better be studs...

Buffalo twice...

Marv levy was a fine coach but he might not be a good GM. He is also about 75 years old. I think the bills did a major reach with both picks.

I also think the cromartie pick for san diego was a reach. He looks like andre woolfolk's twin and he didn't even play this year. No way i would have drafted him in rd one.

I agree the washington pick for mcintosh was also a reach.

Anyone jealous?

We used the third pick in the whole draft for vince young and arizona only used the 10th pick for lienart. Hard to imagine lienart failing with that offense and those WRs. I hope the vince pick isn't going to be an example of trying to fit a round peg in a square hole.

Puck said:
Green Bay gets a mention fro trading picks twice in a row
trade out of one and then back into the next slot or something
And still got a value pick

Puck said:
then they trade Javon Walker to Denver for peanuts
Peanuts? They got some pretty good ****ing value for Walker. A 2nd round for a former 1st rounder coming off an injury? Most people were thinking 4th rounder tops..

Puck said:
Oaklnad just picked Thomas Howard in front of us
so I guess we get a nod for letting the fastest LB in the draft slip right in front of us.
kinda like the year KC drafted Larry Johnson right in front of us
Speed isn't nothing without instincts.

Puck said:
the Jets traded 3 picks to Dallas to move up and select Kellen Clemens ?
Getting ahead of Minnesota who need a Franchise QB.

RollTide said:
We used the third pick in the whole draft for vince young and arizona only used the 10th pick for lienart. Hard to imagine lienart failing with that offense and those WRs. I hope the vince pick isn't going to be an example of trying to fit a round peg in a square hole.

Leinart also got passed up by Oakland, Detroit, and the jets all of whom could have very reasonably taken a QB. So no, Im not jealous about a guy with average arm strength who got passed up buy 3 other teams that could have justified taking him to take him.

Puck said:
Washington traded up to get Rocky McIntosh who was the 7th rated OLB

Buffalo's #8 selection of Donte Whitner also qualifies

(feel free to add if you see fit)

Whitner doesnt qualify. He went a little higher than project but thats a team that obviously needs a safety. There was no point in them taking a guy at a position they didnt want because the draft experts projected him in that range. I would think they tried to trade down and couldnt do it, so I have no problem with a team taking a guy at a position they wanted, especially since he was the highest rated S left on the board.

Buffalo are boneheads

They could have easily traded down and still got the picks they wanted, (picks that no one else would have wanted at that stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back