Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
that will be the game of the year, becasue probably the Texans will pick Reggie Bush and the 49ers will pick Leinart and that would make it even better.

Steven Jackson said:
that will be the game of the year, becasue probably the Texans will pick Reggie Bush and the 49ers will pick Leinart and that would make it even better.

49ers will take Bush, someway, somehow. They won't take Leinart after drafting Alex Smith last year.

If they end up at #2, then they should trade up and guarantee themselves a shot at Bush.

I heard somewhere the other day on a talk show (can't remember which one or who the so-called expert was) that the 49ers really don't want Bush becuase if they get him they'll have about 20-percent of their salary cap tied up in two players--Bush and Alex Smith.

From a cap standpoint it doesn't matter what position the 49ers draft it will cost them the same as long as they don't trade down real far. The slotting system just works that way.

I still think that if the Texans do get the #1 pick, they take Bush and auction him off to the highest bidder. Bottom line, Houston taking Bush just makes very little sense except as some sort of star for that team. They don't need a star, they need a solid foundation first, and that starts with a competent o-line.

San Fran could definately use Bush. Barlow is below average, and Gore just isn't built to be a #1 back. He would be a perfect candidate to split carries with Bush anyway.

Titans2004 said:
From a cap standpoint it doesn't matter what position the 49ers draft it will cost them the same as long as they don't trade down real far. The slotting system just works that way.
You're right. I think the point the guy was making, and which I failed to explain very well, was that the 49ers would really rather not have the number-one pick again this year since so much of their money would be tied up in two players, and they have many other needs to address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back