Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Whether or not the Titans sign Givens, it says a lot about the faith the team has that Calico will ever become a #1 or even take a lot of pressure off Bennett as a #2. With Roby, Williams and Jones all ready to come into their own by '07, it doesn't appear likely the Titans have Calico in their free agency plans.

If Givens becomes the Titans #1, Calico will be lucky to be the #3.

I wanted to believe Calico would come back...but he ran like Pickens last year...just too slow. I just don't believe he will ever get back to the form they need from him.

If he makes it and stays this year I am guessing it may be his last as a Titan.

What a bust Calico is... I had such of high hopes in him... He kind of reminds me of Chris Sanders... A few flashes at first....that's it!

His rookie year he got a few TDs cause they were actually taking advantage of his stature near the goalline. Had red zone TDs in first two games of 2003. Then Heimeidneinger went all Steckel and used Calico less cause he was a rookie.

Calico still has this year to prove something and he might very well do it. Until his freak injury he looked to be making huge progress but injuring both knees is hard to overcome in one year. This year he should be 100% and might surprise us.

He's got one more shot to prove himself.

Just remember, the Cardinals thought KVB was a bust after 2 torn ACLs and let him walk for nothing...

Starkiller said:
He's got one more shot to prove himself.

Just remember, the Cardinals thought KVB was a bust after 2 torn ACLs and let him walk for nothing...

Honestly, I hope he does. I'm not worried about his legs as much I am about his seemingly incurable drops. I believe his leg injury severely set back any progress that could have been made with his hands.

Between calico and bennett?

One guy has been a solid producer and the other hasn't done a thing. The injuries can be blamed but that is fact. Anyone who watched calico play last year shouldn't even be having this discussion. I'm wondering if he can ever be a decent #3. Number one? Maybe he can emerge from his injury like kvb did but he has never been able to catch the ball consistently. Imagine of we had taken joson whitten instead of him.

It's bennett and givens with the kids behind them. Whatever we get from calico is gravy in my opinion.

:deadhorse:

^this is what reading a Calico thread is like.
I'm with all of 'yall. Basically, the Titans were shortchanged with Calico.

Maybe he will turn it around. I doubt it.
I like Woolfolk's chances at redemption a whole lot better.

Everyone keeps forgetting that Calico was coming off major knee surgery last year and it wasn't his fault he got injured on a freak play. If he can pick up where he left off before the injury he could be a great slot WR that defenses will have a hard time stopping. Bennett in some ways is as much on the bubble after this year IMO. His contract runs out after 2006. If Calico shows improvement along with the other young guys Bennett might not be worth a big contract.

Soxcat said:
it wasn't his fault he got injured on a freak play.

I agree

I blame Heimeigndkfjder for running a reverse in a preseason game.

Anyone remember the last time the Titans ran a reverse in the regular or post-season?

Heimeinsdfeer O gets people killed. He don't care about it cause it ain't his Wide Load doing the rehabbing. All Heimersfsdfer cares about is becomming a HC.

Soxcat said:
Everyone keeps forgetting that Calico was coming off major knee surgery last year and it wasn't his fault he got injured on a freak play. If he can pick up where he left off before the injury he could be a great slot WR that defenses will have a hard time stopping. Bennett in some ways is as much on the bubble after this year IMO. His contract runs out after 2006. If Calico shows improvement along with the other young guys Bennett might not be worth a big contract.

He couldn't catch before the injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back