Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So that kid from Memphis is getting way too much hype to be a viable option, maybe even with our second pick.

Deejay Dallas if a similar type of player, in that he can do everything- he was a former QB, former WR, and he still has room to grow as a RB. He also returns kicks, returns punts. He runs with the kind of balance which makes Kamara so difficult to tackle.

He's projected to go in the 5th round, and for his potential, that would be a steal.

Actually Dallas fits the bill of what Vrable was talking about today.....RB with return experience...He also was a captain for the Hurricanes this year and I know that is a quality that Jrob likes......one of those really compact RBs 5'11" 215lbs ...shows he can run it up the middle or bounce it outside...4.6 speed and nice change of direction

So that kid from Memphis is getting way too much hype to be a viable option, maybe even with our second pick.

Deejay Dallas if a similar type of player, in that he can do everything- he was a former QB, former WR, and he still has room to grow as a RB. He also returns kicks, returns punts. He runs with the kind of balance which makes Kamara so difficult to tackle.

He's projected to go in the 5th round, and for his potential, that would be a steal.

Does he have any highlights against teams not named Boston College and Bethune-Cookman?

Actually Dallas fits the bill of what Vrable was talking about today.....RB with return experience...He also was a captain for the Hurricanes this year and I know that is a quality that Jrob likes......one of those really compact RBs 5'11" 215lbs ...shows he can run it up the middle or bounce it outside...4.6 speed and nice change of direction
Is the 4.6 speed at 215 supposed to be a positive? It was 4.58, which is 53rd percentile for RBs... and he only had 28 receptions in 3 years at Miami. His athletic measurables AND his statistical production are not good. This dude is far from the next Kamara.

I watched Miami play like 3 times last year and I can't even recall this guy being anything special.

Kamara at UT was a stud that looked like a complete physical RB and not some gadget player that has played every single position known to man.

Is he worth a late round flyer? Sure. But to call him the next Kamara is an insult to Kamara.

Is the 4.6 speed at 215 supposed to be a positive? It was 4.58, which is 53rd percentile for RBs... and he only had 28 receptions in 3 years at Miami. His athletic measurables AND his statistical production are not good. This dude is far from the next Kamara.
I do not think he is the next Alvin Kamara at all....I was just responding how he fit into the description of what Vrable said we were looking for

Kamara ran a 4.56 and had little in the way of production as well. If you actually watch him play , it's clear that he's talented .

Miami was a horrible team with a horrible offensive line and QB. Without him, they were completely shut out against LA Tech. Still, he scored in several different phases of the offense and special teams- as a RB, a receiver, a QB running the wild cat, punt return. He scored 10 TDs on only 129 touches. They clearly should have used him more.

Kamara ran a 4.56 and had little in the way of production as well. If you actually watch him play , it's clear that he's talented .

Miami was a horrible team with a horrible offensive line and QB. Without him, they were completely shut out against LA Tech. Still, he scored in several different phases of the offense and special teams- as a RB, a receiver, a QB running the wild cat, punt return. He scored 10 TDs on only 129 touches. They clearly should have used him more.
Fair points, but where it breaks down for me is target share. Dallas had a 5% team target share (25th percentile for RBs). Kamara had a 14% target share (91st percentile).

Also, the crap QB argument can be used for probably 80% of guys coming out.

Fair points, but where it breaks down for me is target share. Dallas had a 5% team target share (25th percentile for RBs). Kamara had a 14% target share (91st percentile).

Also, the crap QB argument can be used for probably 80% of guys coming out.
He's a day 3 pick, I'm definitely not proposing that we spend a 1st on him. He'll be a great special teams player and he's a good kick/punt returner, so even if he doesn't pan out it's not like it is a wasted pick.

Deejay Dallas does show glimpses of amazingness, but that's part of his issue.

Not consistent enough. Id rather have a guy give you a steady dose of yardage vs a guy who is big play or bust.

But I do like him enough to take him late.

Deejay Dallas does show glimpses of amazingness, but that's part of his issue.

Not consistent enough. Id rather have a guy give you a steady dose of yardage vs a guy who is big play or bust.

But I do like him enough to take him late.
He's raw as a RB. He could be a gadget player on offense in a worse case scenario, as well as a core ST player and returner. So there's not much risk and a lot of reward, as a late round pick.

He's raw as a RB. He could be a gadget player on offense in a worse case scenario, as well as a core ST player and returner. So there's not much risk and a lot of reward, as a late round pick.
We dont seem to value gadget players since Vrabel came in. But the kid fights for yards and has fantastic balance. Can line up in the slot and h-back spots too so hes got tons of potential.

Id have him in for just the RB stuff alone. If he fields kicks and stuff then ok but I like his RB work enough to draft him on that alone.

We dont seem to value gadget players since Vrabel came in. But the kid fights for yards and has fantastic balance. Can line up in the slot and h-back spots too so hes got tons of potential.

Id have him in for just the RB stuff alone. If he fields kicks and stuff then ok but I like his RB work enough to draft him on that alone.
I feel the same way. He's definitely got the talent and mindset to succeed in the NFL.

Seattle got him

Glad we took Evans when we did because not much gonna be left at end of the 5th for the RBs

I’m sure Dillion and Vaughn going early in the 3rd played a part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back