Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Everyone I know was talking about this new Netflix documentary "The Social Dilemma".

I finally watched it last night. Holy crap.

It explains so much about the crumbling of our society these days. Highly, highly recommended. If you've seen it, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I don't have Netflix so what's it about
It is an extremely well done and fascinating dive into how social media manipulates us and how the algorithms are unintentionally fueling the division in this country. Is is fucking amazing. No joke. Watch the whole thing. It gets crazy as shiit.

Torrent it off pirate bay or yts.mx or stream it on fmovies.to with an adblocker extension on.

Watched it and it seems like a lot of these former Facebook and Google tech guys still have special interest in the aspects of social media. A lot of them are CEOs or founders of other types of social media or companies vilifying/calling for change. Hell most if not all of them are addicted to it themselves. It's funny that the option to shut it all down never came up even though good things and ideas came from social media in the early parts. I don't have any social media the only one I use probably daily would be youtube, I listen to music or other things while I work. At the end of the day if these guys really cared it would be a simple solution to fix it, just shut it down till laws a protects can you drafted and enforced to protect all users, but these guys are bought and paid for still.

Watched it and it seems like a lot of these former Facebook and Google tech guys still have special interest in the aspects of social media. A lot of them are CEOs or founders of other types of social media or companies vilifying/calling for change. Hell most if not all of them are addicted to it themselves. It's funny that the option to shut it all down never came up even though good things and ideas came from social media in the early parts. I don't have any social media the only one I use probably daily would be youtube, I listen to music or other things while I work. At the end of the day if these guys really cared it would be a simple solution to fix it, just shut it down till laws a protects can you drafted and enforced to protect all users, but these guys are bought and paid for still.
These guys left the big 10 social media companies and seem to be working on other stuff these days. Them pointing out the flaws in the system is important though. Change NEEDS to happen before this country years itself apart.

These guys left the big 10 social media companies and seem to be working on other stuff these days. Them pointing out the flaws in the system is important though. Change NEEDS to happen before this country years itself apart.
They've become to powerful now too much money. It's going to take the government to shut it all down or reform social media, however you do that. But even that's not guaranteed to work forever because if one administration shuts it down and the next one comes in to the White house with fat pockets from Facebook, Google, or Twitter etc, they reverse it all. I think social media and all the bs and crazies it brings out is here to stay.

There will be no change.

It would have to happen on a human/individual level and thats not going to happen

It was very enlightening. The fake family stuff was "made for tv movie" 80's style. Should have left it out. Absolutely amazing info otherwise. If you have a teenager or pre-teen with a damn iphone(you're a moron) you need to watch this.

It was very enlightening. The fake family stuff was "made for tv movie" 80's style. Should have left it out. Absolutely amazing info otherwise. If you have a teenager or pre-teen with a damn iphone(you're a moron) you need to watch this.
It was very telling that many of those interviewed refuse to give their kids social media access until they are MUCH older.

Prior to this, I was in that boat. My kids aren't getting cell phones until they are 16.

It was very telling that many of those interviewed refuse to give their kids social media access until they are MUCH older.

Prior to this, I was in that boat. My kids aren't getting cell phones until they are 16.
How old are your kids now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back