Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
There are a million possibilities in this draft but if we want to grow as a team we have only two options. As I have said before our weakpoints are our offensive line, our linebackers, our running backs, and our secondary. IF Vince Young comes out, we must do whatever it takes to draft him. If he doesn't, we trade this pick and take one of the plethora of talented players that will be left outside the top five. We could easily get a 1st round this year along with a 1st rounder next year similar to the hustle that San Diego pulled off when they got New York's picks for two years. If we pick later in the first, we have the opportunity for players such as Lendale White, Darnell Bing, and a big catch...Jay Cutler. I can't wait to hear the responses

After watching every USC game this season, I truly believe that Ledale White will be better in the NFL than Reggie Bush. You probably think I am crazy but wait and see. Ledale White is exactly the type of back the Titans have preferred in the past.

Darnell Bing looks like the second coming of Tank Williams. No way I want that guy. If Reese gets back his 3rd rounder by dropping on spot or something I see that as an option but we need to take the best QB available wich means we need to not drop very much. Certainly if they prefer Cutler we can drop a few spots but don't hink we can drop to the 15 range and still be assured of getting him. We need to make sure we get the guy we want. This is a once in a decade opportunity to grab the QB of the future.
Then I say draft the best OL man available, OG or OT with our second pick. If we can drop a few spots and get and additional pick like we did last year and still get our guy fine. Again this is trying to get a guy who can be here for the next decade anchoring a spot on the OL. This year is a great year to get 1st round talent in the early second and we could get a better player than we might find in the first round in the next 3 drafts assuming we are picking mid to late 1st round again.
We can do our best to pluck a quality LB in the 3rd (if we can get an extra pick) or 4th rounds.

titanicvolfan said:
we have only two options. As I have said before our weakpoints are our offensive line, our linebackers, our running backs, and our secondary. IF Vince Young comes out, we must do whatever it takes to draft him.

hold on .... say that again .....

our weaknesses are Oline, LB, RB and Secondary
SO, lets draft Vince Young
:crazy:

do not disregard the possibility that Houston takes Young and New Orleans taking Leinart leaving us with Reggie Bush ..... patience

but yeah, if he isn't there (i'm thinking if Leinart is the one left @ 3) then trade out and go get a LenDale White or Jay Cutler and reach for Omar Jacobs in round 3

titansrule said:
After watching every USC game this season, I truly believe that Ledale White will be better in the NFL than Reggie Bush. You probably think I am crazy but wait and see. Ledale White is exactly the type of back the Titans have preferred in the past.
I've actually played around w/that idea from time to time also... that being said, it's hard to overlook what Bush brings to the table as far as different elements to certain offensive packages.

I'd like the Mr. White/ Mr. Brown combination (do a Reservoir Dogs type of poster here). I'm pretty high on LenDale.

But I'd take Bush in a hearbeat. He can get to the edge, and he's a burner going deep. To have a wideout with RB skills in the secondary is a dangerous thing. I wonder what player Chow wants most from USC this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back