Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
John McClain says that he has heard a rumor that the Titans would consider moving Keith Bulluck to Middle Linebacker to be able to use all his attributes more effectively. They say he could be a side line to side line middle linebacker. He would play weak side when the middle linebacker comes out of the game. They would either draft another LB or find a free agent such as David Thorton to play the weak side. What all do you think of this??? I personally think that Keith Bulluck could play any LB position they wanted him to. He is a rare find!!!!!!!!!!!!!

titans2871 said:
John McClain says that he has heard a rumor that the Titans would consider moving Keith Bulluck to Middle Linebacker to be able to use all his attributes more effectively. They say he could be a side line to side line middle linebacker. He would play weak side when the middle linebacker comes out of the game. They would either draft another LB or find a free agent such as David Thorton to play the weak side. What all do you think of this??? I personally think that Keith Bulluck could play any LB position they wanted him to. He is a rare find!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keith would be an undersized MLB, but it would allow us to add speed to our Defense.

If John Mac says it, you can pretty much put it in the bank. I love him, he's a great friend and he's very knowledgeable when it comes to pro football. For some reason, people totally confide in him. He writes fair articles and players trust him.

If Bulluck was moved to the middle, he'd have a center on him and be much less effective, IMO. Teams would run up-the-gut on the Titans all day.

Uh... even more than last season.

TitanJeff said:
If Bulluck was moved to the middle, he'd have a center on him and be much less effective, IMO. Teams would run up-the-gut on the Titans all day.

Et tu? Titan Jeff:sad2:

elfinmagic53 said:
If John Mac says it, you can pretty much put it in the bank. .
Should I start to ask him for Powerball numbers, my bank could use some help. :winker:
On a more serious note, John is a smart guy and he knows football but the guy is wrong a lot. Last year he had the Titans trading down with MN for their 2 first round picks in his mock. So its a mock...
He is right a good bit of the time but he is also wrong a good bit of the time.

I find McClain entertaining and informative but he does like to hear himself talk sometimes and will throw stuff out there just to get a reaction sometimes.

TitanJeff said:
I find McClain entertaining and informative but he does like to hear himself talk sometimes and will throw stuff out there just to get a reaction sometimes.

Amen. He's wrong as often as Florio at PFT is. McClain is WAY overrated by everyone around here. Kinda like his buddy Plaster.

KB is just not physical enough of a player to take on opposing linemen at the line of scrimage and meet the RB in the hole. KB is best used to blitz the gaps and scrape the line and chase down the play away from him. Our run defense would suffer, and I do mean suffer, dramatically with KB at MLB.

FightinTitan said:
KB is just not physical enough of a player to take on opposing linemen at the line of scrimage and meet the RB in the hole. KB is best used to blitz the gaps and scrape the line and chase down the play away from him. Our run defense would suffer, and I do mean suffer, dramatically with KB at MLB.

Keith isn't physical enough? Huh what? Keith isn't physical???? Dude, put the bottle down and sober up!:drunk:

KB's skills lie in his ability to run the field or blitz from the edge/gaps. He is not going to man-up and shed a center or guard to make a tackle up the middle. What we need is another one like him on the other side and a pounder in the middle.

KB is physical, but in his own space and not face-to-face with a lineman.

TitanJeff said:

Having a center on Bulluck isn't a bad matchup. The best MLBs don't "take on" offensive lineman but beat them by avoiding blocks with their quickness. This idea that Sirmon can somehow take on a center straight up and be any more successfull than Bulluck would be non-sense as well. Once the center or any OL gets a body on a LB there is a 50+ advantage no matter who the LB is. Having stout DTs that can keep the center and OGs off the MLB is imperative in a 4-3. If the center does come out on the MLB that leaves the DTs one on one to stuff the middle. I'm not saying Bulluck is a prototypical MLB but he would be better than people think and our run defense on the edges would improve dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back