Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Reading McNairs new deal, it's not hard to figure out how the Titans managed to get themselves in cap hell so easily. One year out of cap hell and it looks like we're headed right back into it.
But anyway, McNair, Volek and Mauck are under contract, (not forgetting that Bennett and one of our DBs were QBs in college). That's 3 QBs without counting Cutler/Young/Lienart. I am assuming that Mauck would be on the bubble if we do draft a new QB. Looking at their production from last year I would hope that Volek would be on the bubble. Let the fight begin!

I believe the Titans got into cap hell and have stayed there. Maybe they'll get out next year?

I'd still take Voleck over Mauck. Mauck was putrid in his big chance to start the last game in '05. Granted, Volek did nothing last year either.

fitantitans said:
Did not McNairs contract include a 50 million bonus unless his contract was reworked?

No, the 50 million was an option to extend the contract 3 more years. The other option was to pay 1 mil and the contract would run out after 2006. McNair could still rework the deal to save CAP money this year but it would carry money into 2007 and beyond which isn't worth it IMO. McNair is insisting on getting paid 10 million per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back