Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Love this signing. Tye got opportunities last year and mad the most of them. Remember when the Colts were about to take the lead late in the 4th quarter and then this happened...

And then on the next series, the Colts were driving again and Tye Smith forced a fumble.

Then in Oakland, Smith forced a fumble on tight end which was recovered by teammate Jayon Brown who returned the ball for a 46 yard touchdown.

All around a great signing for CB depth and special teams.

Good guy to bring back as a 4th/5th CB who can play special teams. Also good to have a guy who's been around the team and knows our D already since it's looking like the offseason is going to be condensed into almost nothing.

This doesn't move the needle as far as our needs at CB though. Not just for the 3rd CB spot this year, but also to find Butler's replacement for next year.

Love this signing. Tye got opportunities last year and mad the most of them. Remember when the Colts were about to take the lead late in the 4th quarter and then this happened...

And then on the next series, the Colts were driving again and Tye Smith forced a fumble.

Then in Oakland, Smith forced a fumble on tight end which was recovered by teammate Jayon Brown who returned the ball for a 46 yard touchdown.

All around a great signing for CB depth and special teams.
Love this signing also, and remember that big play....certainly a turning point in a pivotal game, against a club that has had our number.

Good guy to bring back as a 4th/5th CB who can play special teams. Also good to have a guy who's been around the team and knows our D already since it's looking like the offseason is going to be condensed into almost nothing.

This doesn't move the needle as far as our needs at CB though. Not just for the 3rd CB spot this year, but also to find Butler's replacement for next year.
Exactly. Tye is a great 5th, good 4th CB. Would love to still add our new 3rd and 4th guys in the draft/FA.

Why only a 1 year deal? He's only 26 and starting to contribute, why not lock him up for a couple of years? I'm sure he's not getting big $

Why only a 1 year deal? He's only 26 and starting to contribute, why not lock him up for a couple of years? I'm sure he's not getting big $
For whatever reason, we’re seeing ALOT of one year deals this offseason. Either the Titans plan to binge and then purge, or the players know the cap is going way up next season so no one wants to do a long term deal.

Agreed, doesn't move the needle for our CB need, but I do think this means JRob doesn't think Logan is coming back. If they really were close or still considering him, this signing could of waited or not happened at all. I'm not saying Smith replaces Logan's role, but I think we go CB in rounds 1 or 2 an let him walk. Let the Jet's overpay for him.

For whatever reason, we’re seeing ALOT of one year deals this offseason. Either the Titans plan to binge and then purge, or the players know the cap is going way up next season so no one wants to do a long term deal.
The cap going up next year makes sense why for sure...kind of like they are betting on themselves, have a good year and sign a bigger deal next year

The cap going up next year makes sense why for sure...kind of like they are betting on themselves, have a good year and sign a bigger deal next year
Yea. Especially for a role player like Smith, who might think/hope he has a larger role without Logan, Sims, Brock, and possibly only competing with a rookie.

We will see what happens, but in this economic climate I would not bank on the cap going up next year.
I dont think it has anything to do with the economy. The players bargained for the a larger piece of the pie, so the cap is going up. Also, it always goes up.

I dont think it has anything to do with the economy. The players bargained for the a larger piece of the pie, so the cap is going up. Also, it always goes up.
Cap goes up according to revenue. If the season is shortened or fans don't show up, revenue won't go up and the cap won't increase.

The only problem with this is the cap is based on league revenue. The tv deals are set in Stone but everything else can fluctuate. It has gone up and up for many reasons. If no1 is buying tickets or going out to buy gear since they can't work it could stagnate or even go down.

Before covid there was no reason to suspect it would not jump but now it is a odd question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back