Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ILB and DL coach are responsible for a pathetic 9 sack game vs Cincy?

But a terrible offensive display and Downing stays employed?

DL coach and ILB coach are like the Byner as RB coach firing right after CJ2K happened.

DL was greatly improved from last year, the personnel helped.
The LB I or O we’re not a problem pretty much all year.

ST asst no brainer. Where the head ST coach on the list.
Strength and conditioning coach? I really don’t know the ins and outs to how much affect he played on the entire list of injuries but if there was any way to grade his positional success, I would say it’s overall team health which was record setting bad.

Of course the guy I thought was the best assistant on the team, Haslett, gets fired. I guess his performance was a threat to Vrabel’s ego. Also a former HC is gonna carry a lot of weight amongst the players. Really starting to not like Mike Vrabel as his narcissist personality shows it’s face more and more. ILB has been a strength of this team since Haslett arrived. David Long anyone? But Vrabel said he didn’t evaluate his coaches on performance, just their ability to communicate. So maybe he didn’t like the sound of Haslett’s voice.

To me on the surface, it looks like Vrabel got rid of the assistant with the most clout, who was overqualified(Haslett), and a bunch of assistants to assistants just for the show of it.

Not understanding the firing of Jim Haslett at all.
Really? As much as I hated getting rid of Tyrone McKenzie, I thought Haslett was a decent alternative off the street. That said, even after last year, I thought he was on the hot seat. Evans and Brown both took huge steps back under Haslett and this year Evans was pretty much irrelevant. I didn't even notice until after that the Bengals game that he was a healthy scratch against the Bengals.

Don't put the relative success of Cunningham and David Long on him.

He had to go. Good tough decision by Vrabel.

Mike Munchak and Mike Mularkey both refused to get rid of their scrub assistants due to loyalty (which there's nothing wrong in being loyal to your friends), but man does it look like Mike Vrabel is scrolling down the same path.

I guess he'll hire an offensive assistant to hold Todd Downing's hand during his tenure in Nashville. Which will be a damn shame.

Of course the guy I thought was the best assistant on the team, Haslett, gets fired. I guess his performance was a threat to Vrabel’s ego. Also a former HC is gonna carry a lot of weight amongst the players. Really starting to not like Mike Vrabel as his narcissist personality shows it’s face more and more. ILB has been a strength of this team since Haslett arrived. David Long anyone? But Vrabel said he didn’t evaluate his coaches on performance, just their ability to communicate. So maybe he didn’t like the sound of Haslett’s voice.
Couldn't disagree more. Loved the hiring, but Haslett has been terrible since day 1 from my perspective. ILB is easily the position I pay the most attention to. Big disappointment. Clearly there was a reason why he was out of football for two years before Vrabel brought him out of retirement.

Come enjoy the South Florida weather Jim. Time to hang em up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back