Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So our defense is 6th in the league in completion % and 8th in the league in rushing yards and 9th in yards per carry....we really have been playing solid defense...except for giving up big plays when things break down for the offense.

Kyler Murray killed us with his improv plays. We shut Russell Wilson down pretty much except for some big plays off schedule....and we gave life to the Jets with the scramble deep throws.

I really think that the defense is much improved from last yr.

So our defense is 6th in the league in completion % and 8th in the league in rushing yards and 9th in yards per carry....we really have been playing solid defense...except for giving up big plays when things break down for the offense.

Kyler Murray killed us with his improv plays. We shut Russell Wilson down pretty much except for some big plays off schedule....and we gave life to the Jets with the scramble deep throws.

Its a Titans tradition to let scrambling QBs destroy our defense.

LOL

except for getting gouged deep multiple times a game D has been solid - LOL

Clowney is looking great in Cleveland, Dupree has only started two games and looks like damaged goods. Pain.

Clowney was actually more productive at this point than Dupree has been. Yikes

D has been playing better but basic things like soft coverage is killing us. Pass rush is leaps and bounds better, still rushing 3 now a bit too often. Dbs are a mixed bag. Fulton is holding his own but I thought Jenkins was average but stat wise he's having his worst year I think. Plus who we actually playing at strong safety? Whats up with hooker

Landry is having an elite year. Leads the league in pressures. Tackles all over the place downfield. Please extend him.

Autry looks like a huge pick up. D line as a whole seems good.

OLB's still thin. Bud didn't get numbers, but you can tell a difference when he is out there. He contains and gets a consistent push. Adeniyi blew up week 3, then barely played last week which makes no sense.

Kinda meh on the ILB's. Brown can't stay healthy. Evans hasn't played well. People love Long here, but he cannot cover people. He needs to be with a Brown type player (where's Monte Rice?) and not an Evans type player.

Byard is playing great. The other safety is a weakness. Fulton is playing great. Jenkins has played like soft butter. Farley hurt, Molden has fallen out of favor.

Team can actually get 3rd down stops, but still giving up those 2-3 busted play a game.

Adeniyi played plenty but they used a bunch of four man fronts with Autry at DE and Landry hardly comes off the field and shouldn't.

Adeniyi played plenty but they used a bunch of four man fronts with Autry at DE and Landry hardly comes off the field and shouldn't.

He played 18 snaps.

I really tried to pay attention and they didn't play 4 men with their hands down very much at all. They mostly played 3 and 2 man fronts with Autry stood up at OLB. That seemed to be their base D.

Don't know if this was posted, but I think it's a great move. Brown isn't playing like the Brown we know. Long is a beast out there.

https://atozsports.com/nashville/wh...vq9f4fpszevAf9lF281CHATNLXh7m_gjowjdY2Eyp0r-Y
. A giant billboard in Downtown Nashville just about a mile from where Tennessee plays its home games features him alongside wide receiver Julio Jones, running back Derrick Henry, left tackle Taylor Lewan and safety Kevin Byard. All are considered some of the franchise’s top attractions.

Seeing our LT get bulled over by a CB kind of puts Taylor there too

He played 18 snaps.

I really tried to pay attention and they didn't play 4 men with their hands down very much at all. They mostly played 3 and 2 man fronts with Autry stood up at OLB. That seemed to be their base D.

Autry is a legit DL guy if his hand is down or not. He isn't going to be dropping in coverage very often. They played plenty of 4 man fronts and even used Landry as a cover LB to confuse the defense on a few occasions. They played most of the 2nd half in a 4 man nickel. A normal 3-4 has 4 LBs. They rarely had three LBs out there. Granted they were playing some hybrid looking stuff but they probably play a 4 man front nickel more than anything. Just because they move one guy around or have his hand off the ground doesn't make him a LB. In fact a legit 3-4 is actually a 5 man front.

Everyone should follow No Flags Film on youtube and patreon (he posts everyother one on patreon for a 5$ fee)

guy breaks all 22 film down and clears up a log of my questions on wtf is actually going wrong.

well worth the follow.

Assuming Dupree can get back on track the 2nd half of the year and Farley can contribute the defense should be pretty solid. The way Evans has played he does need to be benched for Rice (we aren't cutting him mid season unless he has an attitude issue). What do we have to lose? Let the kid get some experience and maybe he can solidify his play by playoff time. Murchinson is scheduled back for the Chiefs game and we need him in the rotation. He was playing well.

Clowney is looking great in Cleveland, Dupree has only started two games and looks like damaged goods. Pain.

Clowney was actually more productive at this point than Dupree has been. Yikes
A lot of pass rushers look great other places besides here. We don’t have a pass rush. It’s the defensive system that sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back