Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: With the Texans beating the Cardinals last Sunday, the Titans dropped to seventh in the NFL draft due to opponent winning percentage. Three other teams are also 4-10 behind the now seventh Titans with two weeks left — Oakland, Buffalo and Detroit. Green Bay, New Orleans and the New York Jets continue to shuffle in the three through five spots.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

On some draft boards Ahmad Brooks is actually rated above Hawk and Greenway is a similar player to Hawk. Another LB of consideration is DeMeco Ryans from Alabama.
I would love to see us actually be able to trade down with the depth at LB this year and take the best LB available if LB is the position we want to go with. Huff or Landry at safety would be considerations if we traded down as well.

Soxcat said:
On some draft boards Ahmad Brooks is actually rated above Hawk and Greenway is a similar player to Hawk. Another LB of consideration is DeMeco Ryans from Alabama.
I would love to see us actually be able to trade down with the depth at LB this year and take the best LB available if LB is the position we want to go with. Huff or Landry at safety would be considerations if we traded down as well.
LB is stacked in the draft this year. The Titans should be able to grab at least one starter (at LB) in this years draft. The Titans need an intimidator in the middle or on the strong side. Hawk or Brooks could fit that mold. Ryans is a little smaller but he does bring the wood too...

Hawk, Greenway and Brooks would all be better suited at playing the strong side. Ryans is more in the mold of Bulluck but would be an instant upgrade never the less. With the large number of quality LBs available this year we might find strong value as late as the 4th round. I like Moses Osemwegie from Vanderbilt. He is a little small, 220 pounds but is a good athlete and a smart instinctive player who could be around in the middle of the draft.

Agreed. There's more OLB guys in the draft and FA, but no stand outs in the middle. Besides D'Qwell and Hodge, there isn't much to write home about in regards to ILB.

as of christmas day 9 P.M., we're 6th in the draft. arizona and buffalo both won while we lost to miami.

it looks like the highest we can go is 5th(based on opponent winning percentage), if all the teams with three wins win in week 17 and we lose.

SK was saying if we loose and the Jets, Saints and 49ers and the other team I cant think of, win we could goto 2nd in the draft.

Gunny said:
SK was saying if we loose and the Jets, Saints and 49ers and the other team I cant think of, win we could goto 2nd in the draft.

Jets could win, Saints definitely won't, Niners have a very good chance and the other team your thinking of is GB and they could have a shot against a second string Seattle team. so we could go anywhere from 3-6 I think.

Third is a reasonable possibility if we lose Sunday. We need SF to beat Houston, the Jets to beat the Bills and Green Bay to beat Seattle for that to happen though, plus we would have to lose to the Jags, who are no doubt going to approach it like a pre-season game with their personnel, so we'll probably win.

The Saints actually have a very good chance of slipping into the first pick. If Houston beat SF and the Jets beat Buffalo, the Saints are in. I don't see any way the Saints beat Tampa Bay on the road. Regardless of everything else, if the Jets win, the Saints will probably be one of the top-two, and you'd have to think they (as well as the Jets) would kill to have Leinart.

There's no possibility we'll fall farther than 13th based on records alone. The 14th place team has six wins already. And, there's no possibility we'll finish higher than 2nd because we can't pass Houston. I think we'll beat the Jags and wind up about 10th in the order.

I'm never one to want the Titans to lose, but does a win against the Jags scrubs really give us any momentum going into the offseason? If they play their scrubs then I'm all for playing our scrubs as well. Get the young guys experience. It will be much easier to do that this year since we are playing on the road. Tough to play scrubs in front of the home crowd.

I think Fisher is too desperate for a win to hold anything back. I hear what you're saying 2004. In the cold, analytical corner of my mind I know a loss would benefit the Titans in the draft order, but I have an emotional attachment to the team that just won't let me pull for them to lose in the end.

I took another look at things, and even if we win and all the other 4-11 and 5-10 teams lose Sunday, I don't think we'll drop below 9 in the picking order. Looking at opp. winning percentages, it looks like Arizona, Detroit and St. Louis could all pass us if we wind up with the same records. That would put us 9th. As you have posted before, the 4 to 7 range is not prime territory in this draft anyway. We'll probably get just as much quality around 8 or 9 as we would 4 or 5. I say that thinking that Bush, Leinart and Ferguson will be the first three guys picked. After that, it appears there are a lot of guys who are pretty much equal in value.

im going to the game, and i dont want to leave there a loser. even though i've been on the aj hawk bandwagon, and i dont think he'll be there at 9 or 10, i hate to lose, and i would lose all respect for the entire organization if we lost on purpose.

People say we need to win to have some momentum going into the offseason but anyone remember last year? How much momentum did the victory of the lions give us? Enough for another terrible season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back