Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: All the talk this week has been on the practices in Mobile leading up to Saturday's Senior Bowl. Of particular interest to most of the Titans faithful are two players who also have the eyes of the Tennessee coaching staff and everyone else in Mobile, Virginia offensive tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler. Many feel both have the potential to become the Titans top pick in the 2006 NFL Draft.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

cutler_195.jpg

Chow watching Cutler

I've got an e-mail into Scott Wright of NFLDraftCountdown to see if he might give us anything more on either of these players. I hope to have him in for a chat maybe next Thursday night. Colin Lindsey pf GBNReport.com has also agreed to do a chat at some point.

good news Jeff
I like Scott

i'd like to hear his thoughts on Michael Robinson (qb/wr)
and Brodie Croyle
and maybe even NC State DE Manny Lawson

Titans fans have eyes on ferguson and cutler eh?
This fan doesn't. I can tell you that much. The Titans would have to be crazy to trade down at this point. With Leinart, Bush and young eligible, it would be stupid to get a tackle, considering we got two or three last season.
Sure, Cutler led Vandy to a win over UT and a few others this season, that makes him #3 worthy? Vince led his team to the big game, without a great running back, and without great WRs. We need a QB who can lead his team to a big game and win, not a QB who can take a crappy team and make them slightly above average (plus UT sucked this year). Getting Vince is what the Titans' front office needs to get some spark put back in our team. Jay Cutler may bring in a few, but bringing in the MVP of the Rose Bowl will draw a lot more attention, which we need, because fans just gave up on em this last year. If this becomes a trend, it will really hurt the organization.

PS. Leinart would be good too, but he probably won't be available

nickmsmith said:
Sure, Cutler led Vandy to a win over UT and a few others this season, that makes him #3 worthy? Vince led his team to the big game, without a great running back, and without great WRs. We need a QB who can lead his team to a big game and win, not a QB who can take a crappy team and make them slightly above average (plus UT sucked this year). Getting Vince is what the Titans' front office needs to get some spark put back in our team. Jay Cutler may bring in a few, but bringing in the MVP of the Rose Bowl will draw a lot more attention, which we need, because fans just gave up on em this last year.

here's where fans get college accomplishments confused with translated Pro expectations. Vince had a tremendous (consecutive ) Rose Bowl performances. but keep in mind that his glitter will wear off quickly when we figure out that all he can do is run and throw dump-offs
and as many seats will fil to See Vince, they'll all empty out REGARDLESS of the QB if the team is losing.
the Nashville fanbase is a finicky bunch

Jay's hype really has nothing to do with his win over UT or any others. don't slight the man because he played for a perrenial toilet. He's intelligent and has the strongest arm @ Mobile
he may not produce BIG headlines like Vince might, but I believe that Jay will produce better results for a longer period of time

i still like Vince though, i'm not going to be mad if we draft him

isn't it interesting that only a week or two ago all we could talk about was Reggie Matt or Vince
now they've got us pegged for Jay and D'Brick

:ha:

i'm guessing the AJ Hawk / Kiwinuka rumors surface next month

furthermore

i wonder how all this attention on Jay and the constant mentioning of Vanderbilt will effect recruiting for our West End University

nickmsmith said:
Titans fans have eyes on ferguson and cutler eh?
This fan doesn't. I can tell you that much. The Titans would have to be crazy to trade down at this point. With Leinart, Bush and young eligible, it would be stupid to get a tackle, considering we got two or three last season.
Sure, Cutler led Vandy to a win over UT and a few others this season, that makes him #3 worthy? Vince led his team to the big game, without a great running back, and without great WRs. We need a QB who can lead his team to a big game and win, not a QB who can take a crappy team and make them slightly above average (plus UT sucked this year). Getting Vince is what the Titans' front office needs to get some spark put back in our team. Jay Cutler may bring in a few, but bringing in the MVP of the Rose Bowl will draw a lot more attention, which we need, because fans just gave up on em this last year. If this becomes a trend, it will really hurt the organization.

PS. Leinart would be good too, but he probably won't be available

Maybe you should pay more attention to what scouts/journalists are reporting from Mobile. From watching Cutler live they're actually starting to project him Top 10, and some (Mayock and Mortensen) have him higher than Young and possibly even Leinart.

And who cares about fan attention if your team doesn't win? It will just be Atlanta and Mike Vick all over again, all show and no substance.

At least if the Titans draft Cutler or D'Brick it's because they know for a fact that they can do what is asked of them, and that they have the talent and skills required.

TitanJeff said:
I've got an e-mail into Scott Wright of NFLDraftCountdown to see if he might give us anything more on either of these players. I hope to have him in for a chat maybe next Thursday night. Colin Lindsey pf GBNReport.com has also agreed to do a chat at some point.

Scott is the man, I've been using his site/forum for about 6 months now. He frequents the forum and answers most questions that people have about various prospects. He's pretty interactive with the people and has a great site aswell. I wouldn't put it past him to agree to it

I personally like Cutler a'lot and would have no problem taking him 3rd over all... that being said, Reese had made a comment something a'long the lines of - Cutler looks good, but isn't in the same category as Leinart or Young... whether that was a smoke screen for the Saints' or any other team trying to tarde up... I don't know.

Titanpride said:
I personally like Cutler a'lot and would have no problem taking him 3rd over all... that being said, Reese had made a comment something a'long the lines of - Cutler looks good, but isn't in the same category as Leinart or Young... whether that was a smoke screen for the Saints' or any other team trying to tarde up... I don't know.

smokescreen
can't see the forest for the trees
strategic diversion

take your pick

ammotroop said:
I hope we can get Young, but I have a feeling the titans are going to trade down.

maybe,.... maybe not

i'm starting to hear talk that Reese might take Cutler at 3
(and this time it's more than the voices in my head saying it)

Puck said:
isn't it interesting that only a week or two ago all we could talk about was Reggie Matt or Vince
now they've got us pegged for Jay and D'Brick

:ha:

i'm guessing the AJ Hawk / Kiwinuka rumors surface next month

Kiwi? Not after the handling he got from D'Brick.

Puck said:
maybe,.... maybe not

i'm starting to hear talk that Reese might take Cutler at 3
(and this time it's more than the voices in my head saying it)

you now have imaginary friends. :brow:

I don't see the need to draft Cutler at #3, we could probably trade down a little (prob still top 10) and get another pick somewhere along the lines.

That is of course if Reggie Bush is gone. Gotta take Reggie.

I don't think, regardless of how high he rises, there is a danger of someone leaping us and taking Cutler. New Orleans? Possibly. But I think Reese will be happy if he's left looking at Young and Leinart.

Bush and Young are still tops in my mind. Ferguson at #3 is playing it safe. Cutler is kind of a reach.

They say Billy "has a cannon for an arm," too. Or is it a rocket. Whatever. Similar technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back