Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
IMO the Titans have a bunch of JAGs as free agents.

I would like to see us bring back Autry, Murphy-Bunting and Azeez- Al Shaair.

Autry is just a DAWG and until he shows he can't produce I pay the man.
Murphy-Bunting was just ok, but our CB room is so slim we need experienced bodies
same thing for Azeez- Al Shaair

I wouldn't be upset if we bring back Morgan Cox and Nick Folk, but we are in re-build mode and both of them are old and I don't see them playing in 3 yrs when we enter the new stadium. Go ahead find our next long snapper and kicker.

I'm fine bringing back other guys at near minimum contracts, but I really don't want to see 4 mil thrown towards a JAG

Who do you all keep?

IMO the Titans have a bunch of JAGs as free agents.

I would like to see us bring back Autry, Murphy-Bunting and Azeez- Al Shaair.

Autry is just a DAWG and until he shows he can't produce I pay the man.
Murphy-Bunting was just ok, but our CB room is so slim we need experienced bodies
same thing for Azeez- Al Shaair

I wouldn't be upset if we bring back Morgan Cox and Nick Folk, but we are in re-build mode and both of them are old and I don't see them playing in 3 yrs when we enter the new stadium. Go ahead find our next long snapper and kicker.

I'm fine bringing back other guys at near minimum contracts, but I really don't want to see 4 mil thrown towards a JAG

Who do you all keep?
i think those 3 are pretty much the sure ones, plus nick folk. he's old but he can still kick, and getting a new kicker sounds easy, but as we've proven most years, it is not.

I think Autry might demand a pretty penny now. JRob got him for a steal of a deal. He's definitely going to test the market and who we have in the coaches room will be important. Another big reason why I DO want to retain Terrell Williams (although he may want/deserve a promotion).

Azeez- Al Shaair was a tackling machine and I'd give him a long-term contract. Could be a staple of the defense for many years. He may stick around because of his connection to Ran and what ILB doesn't want to play behind Simmons.

I think Autry might demand a pretty penny now. JRob got him for a steal of a deal. He's definitely going to test the market and who we have in the coaches room will be important. Another big reason why I DO want to retain Terrell Williams (although he may want/deserve a promotion).

Azeez- Al Shaair was a tackling machine and I'd give him a long-term contract. Could be a staple of the defense for many years. He may stick around because of his connection to Ran and what ILB doesn't want to play behind Simmons.

Alot of people are not as high on Azeez as a very few are on here. I'm all for keeping him as he's all over the place and always in the right spot.

Agree on Autry in that he will demand a nice penny. But that's totally fine as he was a major bright spot of the D. I saw that he wanted to stay, but I've heard those words before.

100% agree that we need to bring back SMB and Autry if possible. Both are productive starters who shouldn't break the bank with their 2024 cap number or weigh the Titans down long term.

Al-shaair I'm 50/50 on. If we are going to pay him I'd rather pay a bit more and get a guy like Patrick Queen who is better in coverage. Offball linebacker contract tend not to be too bad.

I'd also say Chris Hubbard and NWI could be worth keeping as well depending on how we upgrade the OL/WR room. Hubbard was OK when starting in 23 and should be a reasonably priced depth option/spot starter at RT.

100% agree that we need to bring back SMB and Autry if possible. Both are productive starters who shouldn't break the bank with their 2024 cap number or weigh the Titans down long term.

Al-shaair I'm 50/50 on. If we are going to pay him I'd rather pay a bit more and get a guy like Patrick Queen who is better in coverage. Offball linebacker contract tend not to be too bad.

I'd also say Chris Hubbard and NWI could be worth keeping as well depending on how we upgrade the OL/WR room. Hubbard was OK when starting in 23 and should be a reasonably priced depth option/spot starter at RT.
If we're going to go with dream free agents, then I'd prefer Devin White, but its not like great players will choose us over contenders without overpaying. Al Shaair is perfect for what we need at ILB and won't cost much. I don't see why anyone would be against resigning him.

None of our FAs that we might want to bring back are going to cost that much. Heck, I don’t think any of our FAs are going to command big contracts.

Autry might be the exception. I’d try to bring him, SMB, Azeez, and NWI. Personally, I’d do whatever I could to bring back Henry, but I understand if they want to turn the page.

Bowen is gone. The F made it clear that they were going to listen to who the new HC wanted, I don't see any of those guys on that list thinking "man, I have to have Shane Bowen".
As of right now he's not gone...not sure why he's still here though, he's a Vrabel guy

We all want Autry back but if this a full blown rebuilding year - not sure that would make much sense. Would like to see Azeez back for sure. No reason why he shouldn’t be back considering the holes, amount of cap room and the lack of star power who will be free agents for them in 2024.

Autry and Azeez-Al Shaair for sure.

Azeez was somehow always either in on the tackle or by the ball. I think he actually set our team record(as a titan) for tackles. I know Bulluck had a season with 150 something and Tulloch had 160 flat I think.
Never really got talked about but the highschool level linebacker in me can appreciate it lol

Per Titans Wire: The NY Giants and Jacksonville Jaguars want to talk to Shane Bowen for their DC jobs. Jacksonville also wants to talk to DB Coach Chris Harris for their open DC role.
Please take their sorry asses

And the Colgate guy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back