Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to 2008, which is when Matthew Slater was drafted, the New England Patriots have found the following gems in the later rounds.

Matthew Slater, Julian Edelman, Marcus Cannon, Alfonso Dennard, and Ryan Izzo.

Frankly, I think we've done a better job. Seems like the reporter is just throwing out Slater because of name recognition.
True, but let's remember, he wasn't the GM making the picks. For all we know, his list of players HE wanted is full of pro bowlers.

What is Ruston Webster doing nowdays? Is he any where involved in a scouting department with any other team? Just curious.

Well that makes sense since they suck.
In Ruston’s defense, he wanted to hire Mike Zimmer as our head coach and Zimmer wanted the job. Tommy Smith forced him to hire Whisenhunt. Who knows what would have happened had Webster been able to choose his own head coach?

In Ruston’s defense, he wanted to hire Mike Zimmer as our head coach and Zimmer wanted the job. Tommy Smith forced him to hire Whisenhunt. Who knows what would have happened had Webster been able to choose his own head coach?
Ima go with the world would have ended.

I wonder if we’ll see more Patriots desertions going forward. With Brady gone and an aging roster, the Pats aren’t the team they once were.

Keep the band playing as the RMS Belicheck slowly sinks below the icebergs.

At the time I didn’t see whisenhunt as a bad choice. He very quickly proved otherwise and led immediately to another terrible hiring.

Going back to 2008, which is when Matthew Slater was drafted, the New England Patriots have found the following gems in the later rounds.

Matthew Slater, Julian Edelman, Marcus Cannon, Alfonso Dennard, and Ryan Izzo.

Frankly, I think we've done a better job. Seems like the reporter is just throwing out Slater because of name recognition.

Yeah. They developed this reputation and then everything they do is good and if it didn't work, it was still the right move. Because they make the right decision. Whereas someone like the Browns can make the textbook right move and get hammered for not being creative.

This is as interesting as anything you will read today

They've also 3 Super Bowls during that time. I'll take the trade off. Maybe that's what happens when you're routinely picking 28th or worse and constantly trading down. They have had some good players, including our sweetheart Logan Ryan. Jimmy G just played for a SB.

It is interesting to look at their history though. They've had some round 1 busts and some pretty horrid day 2 picks. Yet... they're winning rings.

They've also 3 Super Bowls during that time. I'll take the trade off. Maybe that's what happens when you're routinely picking 28th or worse and constantly trading down. They have had some good players, including our sweetheart Logan Ryan. Jimmy G just played for a SB.

It is interesting to look at their history though. They've had some round 1 busts and some pretty horrid day 2 picks. Yet... they're winning rings.
Those days are over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back