Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Titans GM Floyd Reese said entering the offseason that increasing the speed a the linebacker position was one of his goals this offseason. "The linebacker group is probably as good or better than we've seen for a number of years," Reese said. "Across the board, it's not only a good senior class, but some juniors that are coming out will fill in nicely." That means the only LB currently on the Titans roster who looks safe is Keith Bulluck. The type of LB is important to consider as well. "Adding speed at the position is important if you are willing to give up some size, but it is hard," Reese said. "If you plan on going out and scoring a lot of points you can be like Indy. But if not you almost have to find some kind of a balance there."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

They should look into signing Ray Thompson a former UT Vol LB who is fast and a FA. He would come cheap as he spent last year out of the NFL. It couldnt hurt for him to be signed for the Vet min and if he didnt work out, cut him after training camp

Peter sirmon...

He counts $5.5M against our salary cap. We can save $3.3M of that by letting him go. Should we do that or is sirmon our answer at MLB?

There are some quality free agents out there. June and thornton from the colts. Julian peterson. Hey rocky calmus is available! The draft is april 29th so we do have time to see what we will get and then decide who will be released. The release cut off day is 6/1.

Seems like we should do well with a linebacker in rd 2. Plenty of solid players will still be available then.

Puck said:
i bet D'Qwell is given a long look in the second round

Thats what I am talkin about get him and cut Sirmon and sign another Vet that can play football because Sirmon looked like crap last year.

"Adding speed at the position is important if you are willing to give up some size, but it is hard," Reese said. "If you plan on going out and scoring a lot of points you can be like Indy. But if not you almost have to find some kind of a balance there."

So if you are planning on scoring 35 points a game you can have fast LBs? If you are planning to score only 14 points a game you have to have a balance there? Indy was 11th in the NFL in total defense last year. I'm not sure what the heck Reese is saying. I understand that you have to have a little more size to stop the run but we had bigger, slower players and sucked against the run. Indy did OK against the run. Get some decent safties to go along with the LBs and you can do both, stop the run and play the pass.

Puck said:
Cato June ..... hmmm......
5 ints / 2 td's / 100 total tackles ..... last year

hmmmmmm.........
two of those picks were against alex smith.

i'm a d'qwell man, although i've been a big fan of drafting hawk in the first.

Soxcat said:
So if you are planning on scoring 35 points a game you can have fast LBs? If you are planning to score only 14 points a game you have to have a balance there? Indy was 11th in the NFL in total defense last year. I'm not sure what the heck Reese is saying. I understand that you have to have a little more size to stop the run but we had bigger, slower players and sucked against the run. Indy did OK against the run. Get some decent safties to go along with the LBs and you can do both, stop the run and play the pass.

As long as Dehr Schwartzie is DC the Titans will suck against the run and pass, but they will never stop trying and always give effort ... blah blah blah.

Hit somebody every play. Give me a bunch of Salvea's He might not have been the brightest bulb - but he knocked somebody on their arse every play.

maximus said:
They should look into signing Ray Thompson a former UT Vol LB who is fast and a FA. He would come cheap as he spent last year out of the NFL. It couldnt hurt for him to be signed for the Vet min and if he didnt work out, cut him after training camp

But he couldn't make the Pack's D last year...but I thought he looked ok in preseason :lol: I still wouldn't rule out the possability of - guy cut by Pack > a certain duo of Titan's LB's

GoT said:
As long as Dehr Schwartzie is DC the Titans will suck against the run and pass, but they will never stop trying and always give effort ... blah blah blah.

Agreed. What's the point of getting more speed if don't change your philosophy?

Bobo said:
But he couldn't make the Pack's D last year...but I thought he looked ok in preseason :lol: I still wouldn't rule out the possability of - guy cut by Pack > a certain duo of Titan's LB's
Same could be said about KVB. The Cards didnt want to resign him, and the Titans got him for the Vet min, a little more than a couple of sacks later, KVB is going to get a fat new contract.

I don't think anyone should be counting on KVB. One season doesn't make for a solid starter. I hope we don't pay him too much until he has another solid season.

Keith Bulluck is by far, one of the best linebackers in the NFL. That stinky Cato June only got into the Pro Bowl cause he played for the stinkin' Colts. He is in no way even half the linebacker Bulluck is.:sad2:

I like to smack on the Colts more than the average poster Elf but I'm sorry but that statement about June is 100% pure hater crap. I'm not saying that Bulluck didn't deserve a PB, but he could have played better. Maybe if the MLB was better Bulluck could have played better. I'm not kncking Bullucks play here but rather calling you out for not giving June his due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back