Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: After 10 quarters without an offensive touchdown, the Titans put 24 points on the Seahawks in the second and third quarter. The Titans found success against a Seattle defense that played mostly man-to-man coverage against Tennessee’s receivers in route to gaining 338 yards of offense in those two quarters. "I think based on what they have us defensively — we looked at film and they do a lot of man-to-man coverage — we wanted to take advantage of that," said QB Steve McNair, who finished 23-of-38 for 310 yards with two touchdowns to Drew Bennett.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Did no one notice? This was the first time I had noticed that Steve went to shotgun this season. I think chow basically threw out his playbook for this game, went to how McNair's supposed to play, lo and behold, it worked. That's why he had extra time.

I think Mac really likes the shotgun (seems like he said as much in an old interview). Some of us had talked about how maybe it'd be a good idea to use it more, and apparantly, it was a good idea yesterday.

nickmsmith said:
I think chow basically threw out his playbook for this game, went to how McNair's supposed to play, lo and behold, it worked.

Yeah, I mentioned that in a phone call to a buddy in Nashville...I said that it looked like somebody told McNair to completely ignore the voice of Chow in his helmet.
Surprisingly, he told me that Chow was getting ALL the props and credit for the turnaround.

What the f'ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back