Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I know all the big whoop is about the first round, but I think the second round plays a big part too, I think we either pick up TE Leonard Pope, or a top-rated left tackle.

Pope probably won't be around in the 2nd. But, I would be very happy to land either of the other UGA prospects. Greg Blue or Max Jean-Gilles!

I'm thinking Blue may be around in rd 3 or 4. He's not worth a high 2nd. That would be insane. Now MJG on the other hand - Sundays are for pancakes.

i doubt they go rb db s wr or dline so look for them to get a lb thats about all thats left. maybe oline but unless theres better than roos out there they wont go there unless they go guard or center but right now qwell looks like the best pick so far if he makes it to us.

Whats the point in guessing? No one saw us taking a guy called Michael Roos last year, ESPECIALLY when Khalif Barnes, a projected 1st rounder, was sat there.

I would rank OL slightly higher than MLB. I still think Jackson or Hodge could be the pick, but if you think about the MLB coming off the field in the nickle package, I can see them waiting until the second day to make the pick. If someone like Gerris Wilkerson or Kevin Simon is there in the 4th round, they could take best available OL in the 2nd to shore up the line, or specifically to fill the RT position.

No way I see them going MLB or S in the 2nd round unless it is Jason Allen. We can get a MLB in FA or later in the draft. Same with a back up safety. Jason Allen would be an exception (he probally will not be there) because he can play S or CB and could be a real stud.

Best bets are OL, RB, WR or even QB if we don't take one in the 1st. A DL is not out of the question if a solid guys slips but I don't see that happeneing in this draft. The strongest postion in the 2nd round is going to be OL where we could get a 1st round quality guy like we did with Roos. If a guy they have rated higher than Stewart or Bell at RT it would make sense with that postion open. We could be in postion to just take BPA in teh second because we have addressed a bunch of needs and a WR that falls is not out of the question either.

If a first round guy falls, they can pretty much go in any direction (except TE, K, P). Assuming QB in Round 1, the positions projected to have good value at the top of Round 2 are LB, DB, and OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back