Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans denied permission for the Green Bay Packers to interview LB coach Dave McGinnis for their defensive coordinator position. McGinnis joined the Titans in 2004 after formerly serving as head coach for the Arizona Cardinals from 2000-03. According to his agent who had no knowledge of the Packers interest, McGinnis is happy in Tennessee and does not want to leave.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Fisher was on 104.5 this morning, and said McGinnis is happy here and didnt want to leave, so by denying the interview they were basically just simplifing the process (ie, one less step and McGinnins doesnt have to turn them down).

You guys really need to give up about getting rid of Schwartz. Its not gonna happen.

Rumour has it that Reese and Fisher denied access to McGinnis but dropped to their knees and begged the Packers to give Schwartz an interview.

TitanJeff said:
Based on the LB play last season, what does McGinnis give us at DC that Schwartz doesn't?

After coaching some of the best LBs in NFL history I'm sure McGinnis was frustrated having to coach one OLB with one leg and a MLB with DT speed.

Soxcat said:
After coaching some of the best LBs in NFL history I'm sure McGinnis was frustrated having to coach one OLB with one leg and a MLB with DT speed.
No doubt. But those are the same LBs Schwartz had to scheme around too.

I'm just saying McGinnis won't be able to produce any better until the position is upgraded.

No, but McGinnis wasn't responsible for our coverage schemes, nor the defensive backs, who by and large stunk it up.

I don't know if McGinnis is better than Schwartz, but sometimes you just have to make a change and hope for the best.

i still vote for Jim Washburn

position coaches are being considered for Head Coaching slots

heard lots of talk that Washburn isn't coordinator material
which is just smokescreen

Anything is better as our DC than freaking Statistical Jim.

The thing I hate most about him is the fact that he seems to just force his players into his 'system' instead of the other way around.

nigel said:
Fisher was on 104.5 this morning, and said McGinnis is happy here and didnt want to leave, so by denying the interview they were basically just simplifing the process (ie, one less step and McGinnins doesnt have to turn them down).

You guys really need to give up about getting rid of Schwartz. Its not gonna happen.

How many times have we heard Fisher say " we dont think its serious we are gonna run some tests and look at it"? But to only find out a few days later a player is done for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back