Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans have responded to a grievance filed by the NFL Players Association on behalf of quarterback Steve McNair. McNair's agent, Bus Cook, initiated talks with the NFLPA after the team barred McNair from Baptist Sports Park on April 3. The Titans have liability concerns because of McNair' $23.46 million salary cap number and $9 million base salary. Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the Titans would be responsible in the event McNair is injured on team property. The Titans are willing to pay McNair the $110 per day (which is what players are paid to attend offseason workouts) if he works out at D1 Sports Fitness in Franklin. A hearing on the filed grievance, which could be scheduled several weeks or months from now, could be held within 10 days.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

goTitans.com said:
The Titans are willing to pay McNair the $110 per day (which is what players are paid to attend offseason workouts)

And to think a poor boy like me has to pay to work out at a lesser facility.

damn i wish i got paid to workout, i do it every other day on my own, id be able to get so much stuff that my parents wont let me get

I'm still not sure he is completely gone. I wonder if Steve would consider renegotiating his terms like he intimated earlier if we wind up taking Young.

I still think what happens to McNair depends entirely on the draft. Who we draft will determine what we are willing to do with Steve. If its Leinhart he will probably be released if its Young or Cutler the Titans will do everything they can to keep him 2 or 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back