Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Titans signed RB Brian Hill, formerly of the Falcons.
Hill is coming off a career year in Atlanta. With Todd Gurley eroding in real time, Hill was given 100 carries on the year and ran for 465 yards plus a lone touchdown. He also posted 25 receptions for 199 yards despite starting just one game. Hill has the potential to be Derrick Henry's direct backup if he can surpass former third-round pick Darrynton Evans. As a rookie, Evans only appeared in five games and saw just 14 carries. Hill is now worth a shot in the final rounds of deep leagues based on his chance at gaining a massive role if anything were to happen to Henry. He'll spend most of his time on the bench as long as Henry is healthy, though.

Um... I guess he's better than Jeremy McNichols and Donta Foreman? Ok. Why not?

Hopefully he doesn't see the field outside of special teams. Otherwise either something went horribly wrong or we blew a 3rd round pick last year.

Sounds to me like this a a way to get another SPT guy on the roster and saving a spot. He is a larger HB so if Henry goes down he's a committee partner with Evens. In the mean time SPT gets him on the field

Naw I think you guys are selling him a little short; thinking its purely a ST move. Even rotoworld said he has a real chance to be Henry's direct back-up; all he has to do is show out more than the 3rd rounder Evans who hasn't showed anything yet and barely has seen the field. Hill was a decent streamer when he was in Atlanta - def not hating this move.

A decent signing, he had some good games in Atlanta.

With this signing roster is at 88?

2 more spots, who's coming next?
No benefit to leaving them open

Um... I guess he's better than Jeremy McNichols and Donta Foreman? Ok. Why not?

Hopefully he doesn't see the field outside of special teams. Otherwise either something went horribly wrong or we blew a 3rd round pick last year.

Until Darrynton proves otherwise ---- we blew a 3rd round pick.

Until Darrynton proves otherwise ---- we blew a 3rd round pick.

Wasn’t he drafted last year? He got hurt right? Didn’t Henry run for a bunch of yards and get a lot of carries?

Yea.. he gonna get a smidge more time to prove his worth.

Man, some of y’all with the quick trigger. Chill.

Last season was an unique year that rookies shouldn't be judged on. Hopefully Evans stays healthy and can contribute more.

Brian Hill can play and he should contribute as well

I think we rushed people back too soon the last couple of years. From Succop to Evans. Our trainers need to do a better job in evaluating. Some injuries you just can’t tough it out without a set back or causing more damage.

If Evans is healthy, he should be a fine change of pace back. My only issue is that back up RBs are available in every round, so maybe he wasn't the best use of a 3rd rounder.
Evans was one of the few RBs who also had a good amount of experience as a returner. I think that bumped up his value to us because we were looking for a returner too. In my mock draft I actually had us taking Evans in the 3rd.

I really think this signing is only for a balance of name sakes.

We go all weird in the draft with Brady breeze and racy mcmath then sign fred brown and Brian hill some of the most generic names ever.

I’ve always liked Brian Hill. Excellent insurance. If we load manage maybe can add another premium year or two to Henry’s career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back