Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Titans General Manager Floyd Reese says he expects a decision from Steelers safety Chris Hope by the end of the week. Hope was in town yesterday and will make visits to Miami today and San Francisco tomorrow. "They gave me their word that they were indeed just going to make these three visits, they had a chance to make a lot more," Reese said. "At the end of it, they're going to make a decision." Most consider Hope an upgrade over safety Tank Williams, now an unrestricted free agent.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

We know that our secondary needs help because we have several guys that are marginal at best in terms of being NFL talent (Nickey, Gardner). So I think in the 2nd rnd we need to go DB. That being the case I'd rather have a young safety than another young CB. So I'd spend my money on a vet CB.

I think the secondary will be fine.

Pacman and The Chosen One have gained experience, Woolfolk isnt bad at nickel.

If we sign Hope he will be a big upgrade and Lamont maybe better as a Strong Safety.

Titans2004 said:
We know that our secondary needs help because we have several guys that are marginal at best in terms of being NFL talent (Nickey, Gardner). So I think in the 2nd rnd we need to go DB. That being the case I'd rather have a young safety than another young CB. So I'd spend my money on a vet CB.

Not sure why we need another CB. Hill and Pacman are the starters and were just rookies last year. They should show decent improvement next year and with improvement at LB and S we should be fine. Besides, we are losing Tank so a vet S is important.

I agree on the safety. I would prefer a vet there over corner but I would think an experienced, technically-sound corner who can back up both sides would be a nice addition. If Pac goes down, things get scary unless Waddell has come a long way since last season.

TitanJeff said:
I agree on the safety. I would prefer a vet there over corner but I would think an experienced, technically-sound corner who can back up both sides would be a nice addition. If Pac goes down, things get scary unless Waddell has come a long way since last season.

No faith in Woolfolk?

i hope that hope wil sign and we should bring tank back... cause i think he can contribute still. thing is i duno why nickey was tendered and thompsons bonus was picked up? this means that nickey will be here for sure and ive never really been a fan of thompson but i hope he steps up

Hope is a FS, I also think that Tank will play better this year, that's to say Schwartz doesn't put him out in space in a 2deep zone, he's more of an aggressive near the line of scrimmage player, unless we're going to go with 2 free safeties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back