Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: According to his agent, the Titans have agreed to workout ex-Browns QB Tim Couch this week. Couch sat out the 2005 season after elbow and shoulder surgery in February. He was the first pick taken in the '99 NFL Draft and is scheduled to work out for a number of teams over the next few weeks. Couch was 22-37 as a starter with the expansion Browns during his first five seasons, when he passed for 11,131 yards, with 64 touchdown passes and 67 interceptions for a 75.1 passer-efficiency rating.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Tim Couch? Remember that hissie fit he threw when the fans booed their loss? Okay Tim, plead for sympathy...that will win over a bunch of yankees...That guy has no confidence. He's got the shakes and he acts as if he is lost half of the time. Under the blitz he stays in the pocket, covers the ball and takes the sack. He's got lousy mechanics and he shows his emotions too much. He is so gay he could be Peytons girlfriend. If we get Young, we don't need a loser like Couch talking to him. Might queer him up. We don't want that. Last thing we need is Couch putting loser thoughts in Youngs head.

Each of the last 3 years, we have used 3 different QB's as starters for at least one regular season game.
2003- McNair, Volek, O'Donnell.
2004- McNair, Volek, Johnston.
2005- McNair, Volek, the LSU guy.
History tells us we'd better have 3 QB's that can play if necessary.

What is with all of this Couch love?
Did you see him in Green Bay?
He was terrible.

I think we should have a "Billy Volek type" at #3.

By that, I mean someone with potential. (and talent)

potential.jpeg

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Tim Couch? Remember that hissie fit he threw when the fans booed their loss? Okay Tim, plead for sympathy...that will win over a bunch of yankees...That guy has no confidence. He's got the shakes and he acts as if he is lost half of the time. Under the blitz he stays in the pocket, covers the ball and takes the sack. He's got lousy mechanics and he shows his emotions too much. He is so gay he could be Peytons girlfriend. If we get Young, we don't need a loser like Couch talking to him. Might queer him up. We don't want that. Last thing we need is Couch putting loser thoughts in Youngs head.

Sounds like Jim Schwartz and our defense.:hmm:

Guys our offense is not geared to the long pass, so if Couch can throw short and intermediate he might fit... Couch obviously thinks he can play in this offense and imo he fits what we are doing now better than Volek...

i'd take him as a backup just on his stats from kentucky. when he was there they relied on the short passes with run after catch... kinda the same offense we have now. so i dont see how it could hurt. he'd be cheaper than volek and a lot better than most backups... even if he is gay. just make him shower by himself or something

I'm sure they are giving the TV, chips and fridge a workout during the playoffs.

Seriously, I think FO is anticipating Volek being gone- probably to Jets if Dinger gets the HC as is rumored. I just hope we get our 3rd round pick back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back