Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Our RT position is still in question. Here is another Patriot FA. Does anyone have an opinion of him? All I really know is he was a UDFA who broke into the lineup. I guess he wasn't real long term, but has, what, two of the rings? I know he played the right side, but has also stepped in on the left. He could be had for relatively little, I imagine (little more than the minimum?), and once the line is solidifed, could be a reliable backup, a la Jason Matthews, I'm thinking.

And yes, in the Brady commercial, he is one of the five layers of Visa protection. Which one was he? Discuss amongst yourselves.

Ashworth is idenity theft assistance.
That could come in real handy when
Peyton Manning is making us look like losers.

We need to look at anyone who is good to come in here.

2005 stats - 14 games, 11 starts, 6.5 sacks allowed for 55.5 yards, 3 false starts

There was a false rumor that he was coming for a visit.

I talked to a guy last night that works for Titans Radio and he said that Ashworth is visting the Texans today and the Titans tomorrow. He also said that Ashworth's agent seems to believe that Ashworth is leaning toward signing with the Titans though. He would be a great fit at RT this year.

Ashworth is leaning toward signing with the Titans though
totally-cool-4976.jpg

If the Titans sign Ashworth, its definately another sign that this it not going to be another rebuidling year. I really dont think Bud Adams is spending all this money to win in 2007.

titans2871 said:
I talked to a guy last night that works for Titans Radio and he said that Ashworth is visting the Texans today and the Titans tomorrow. He also said that Ashworth's agent seems to believe that Ashworth is leaning toward signing with the Titans though. He would be a great fit at RT this year.

Logical - why would the Cows pick NOW to start getting quality OL.

I say they wait till Carr has all the mobility of the 49ers Nameth and THEN form a solid OL.

All the mobility? He's as mobile as he's going to get. The more years of experience you have in the NFL the less mobile you become, not more mobile.

That's why he mentioned Namath. Namath is less mobile than my grandmother. He probably can't even walk without a few shots of bourbon first.

He was six foot four and full of muscles...

Not that I've heard. I'm backing him 100%. I've got a feeling that like Givens, he won't come cheap. But damn, I hope McNair comes up off some money so we can get him some protection. I don't know how many times Olsen/Hartwig let MAC get the crap knocked out of him. Things could really be looking up for us to get another Patriot in in locker room. That's alot of hardware (rings) between him (Ashworth) and Givens. I know with our new center Mawae, add Roos to that mix...(I likes me some Roos... that guy is great...and HUGE!)... I'm starting for the first time feeling 11-5ish... Seriously... with this Patriot I feel like McNair can win 5 games (by carrying the team on his BACK!!!)... and ya know... I feel like we could have 5-6 additional quality wins... It's all about the money game right now... but... If the FA period leaves us with A+++ marks... I feel like we could challenge Indy... I haven't felt this way in a long time. It might be time for Bipolar to whip up a batch of his famous KOOL-AIDE... man, I must be out of my mind... First I decide that Vince Young is the MF man afterall, and now... I think that McNair can challenge for the division and get us in the damn playoffs again... I'm getting pumped up!

Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

ot- how's that typhoon thing working out? heard it was north of you? so is Carpy btw-- has it affected you or any of your family or friends in the NE?

He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich:lol:

Not a good sign for Bell / Stewart / Loper if we're looking at bringing in another OL - unless more cuts coming (Olsen/Pillar?) I'm not against it, but was hoping Stewart would play this year. Reese had high praise when drafted.

BP...I don't think Ashworth will be that expensive. He was let go by NE, and was a UDFA. His Super Bowl experience will lift his payday some, but I don't think he's considered an 'elite' prospect by any means, just a solid contributor who failed to lock onto a starting spot for very long. He had been cut and brought back at least once.

GLinks said:
BP...I don't think Ashworth will be that expensive.
kewl.
That's great to hear... so, why, IYO, would TB be unable to sign him if they had such a need/interest as they appear to have/had...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back