Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tackle is a much more premium position. If one of the top 3 tackles is there, we need to draft them to replace Lewan. You can get serviceable guards in later rounds.

We took a guard in the top 10, 10 years ago and it didn't work out too well.

Tackle is a much more premium position. If one of the top 3 tackles is there, we need to draft them to replace Lewan. You can get serviceable guards in later rounds.

We took a guard in the top 10, 10 years ago and it didn't work out too well.

Address LT with FA, relying on a rook is dangerous. Get a good LG in the first round, move the little guy to C, all good!

If Carthon drafts a G at 11 just fire him on the spot. G is one of the easiest positions to draft and one of the cheapest in FA.

7cws54.jpg

I definitely think we should address the Tackle position in free agency. Even “sure thing NFL ready” draft picks like Even Neal need time to develop and are hit or miss. Neal was terrible last year.

If we trade back I would absolutely consider O’Cyrus Torrence. In the second I would definitely think about Cody Mauch or even center John Michael Schmitz who could both start effectively almost immediately.

I’m starting to get on board. LT in FA.

not a fan of the trading down idea. Titans did poorly (even if it wasnt tanking) and should be able to get a better G with the earlier draft pick than any time later.

Since 2020, all the 1st team all pro guards have been drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. Only one (Quenton Nelson) was picked higher than 11.

If that is part of a bigger plan it does make some sense.

Trade down and get a future all pro guard. Use the extra pick(s) to fill roster holes, or get even better future picks to move up for qb next year. It could pay off big. But you absolutely must hit on the guard pick And on one of the additional picks.

Plus you must make a good FA tackle acquisition for it to work.

Address LT with FA, relying on a rook is dangerous. Get a good LG in the first round, move the little guy to C, all good!
No to the “little guy” at center. He wasn’t particularly good there either. Just move on from him and get a good center if Jones doesn’t play one more year.

No to the “little guy” at center. He wasn’t particularly good there either. Just move on from him and get a good center if Jones doesn’t play one more year.
I agree with you. Honestly, if we can't get a good center via draft or free agency,I would be ok bringing Levin back. He isn't the greatest but he is serviceable enough to not have to worry about it. Try our luck next year with a center.

My ideal scenario for center is somehow Ethan Pocic from CLE makes it to FA and we sign him. He would be perfect for us and is still really young.

I do like the John Michael Schmitz from Minnesota. The thing about him though is, 11 is too high to take him and he will be gone by 41.

Since 2020, all the 1st team all pro guards have been drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. Only one (Quenton Nelson) was picked higher than 11.

If that is part of a bigger plan it does make some sense.

Trade down and get a future all pro guard. Use the extra pick(s) to fill roster holes, or get even better future picks to move up for qb next year. It could pay off big. But you absolutely must hit on the guard pick And on one of the additional picks.

Plus you must make a good FA tackle acquisition for it to work.

To be fair, most of the AP selections have been the same guys every year for the last 5 years or so. Zack Martin, Joe Thuney, Joel Bitonio, Quentin Nelson, Marshall Yanda. All of these guys have multiple AP selections over this time, either 1st or 2nd team.

But here are some info on some of these guys over this time.

Joe Thuney - 3rd rd
Wyatt Teller - 5th rd
Marshall Yanda - 3rd rd, failed Tackle

Lil Bro isn’t a guard. He’s a back up swing man. But, if you believe the reports, he will be the RT this year.

6’5” is not too tall to play OG. I’d be fine with him being the swing tackle as well.

from a cap standpoint it makes the most sense to spend FA dollars on 2 interior OL and then draft your LT at 11 and then hit interior OL in the mid rounds. What you pay the 2 interior OL will probably equal what it will cost you to sign a FA LT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back