Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
According to Walter Football:

Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M
Height: 6-4. Weight: 325. Arm: 34.13. Hand: 10.38.
40 Time: 5.24. 10-Yd: 1.81.
Bench: 20. Vertical: 26. Broad: 8-6.

Zion Johnson, G, Boston College
Height: 6-2. Weight: 314. Arm: 33.88. Hand: 10.88.
40 Time: 5.18. 10-Yd: 1.8. Three Cone: 7.38.
Bench: 32. Vertical: 32. Broad: 9-4.
Projected Round (2022): 1-2.

Ed Ingram, G, LSU
Height: 6-3. Weight: 317. Arm: 33.38. Hand: 10.00.
40 Time: 5.02. 10-Yd: 1.74. Three Cone: 7.81.
Vertical: 20.5. Broad: 8-6.

WalterFootball.com: 2022 NFL Draft: OG Rankings

You could probably also add Tyler Linderbaum in there, who is a center but could move to Guard if needed. He and Green are probably gone when we draft but we have a good chance at Zion Johnson from BC.

It won’t surprise me at all if Johnson isn’t the first interior OL off the board…Linderbaum is light on his feet but is also light in the pants at under 300lbs…he has short arms as well …those 2 traits make me think he won’t be eyed as a guard prospect.

I always prefer taking a OT for position versatility. I’d take Tyler Smith over Linderbaum or Ingram and could move him or Radunz inside if needed.

It won’t surprise me at all if Johnson isn’t the first interior OL off the board…Linderbaum is light on his feet but is also light in the pants at under 300lbs…he has short arms as well …those 2 traits make me think he won’t be eyed as a guard prospect.

I worry that we focus too much on 300 lbs because it is a round number

Ed Ingram?

I know the charges were dropped on his sexual assault case, but there is very little information available regarding the case because it was sealed by the judge. I would probably steer clear there.

There are also a lot of OTs who project as Gs in the league. Darian Kinnard, Tyler Smith, Sean Rhyan, etc. Kinnard and Rhyan are beasts in the run game, so I imagine they would be high on our list.

Linderbaum is about as good of a C prospect as you can get. If you're looking for the next Rodney Hudson, this dude is probably it.

A good article about Zion Johnson where is a listed as a good fit for the Titans.

Like the Green Bay Packers, the Tennessee Titans have several reasons to be interested in Zion Johnson. They have a connection to Boston College, they have a need at the position, and he is an ideal fit for their offense. Obviously, Zion played beside Mike Vrabel’s son Tyler for multiple seasons at BC. Tennessee let go of Rodger Saffold this offseason, leaving a major hole at left guard, Johnson’s natural position. Finally, he would be an ideal fit in the Titans’ run-heavy and play action-centric offense.

Zion Johnson: 2022 NFL Draft Team Fits

A good article about Zion Johnson where is a listed as a good fit for the Titans.

Zion Johnson: 2022 NFL Draft Team Fits

i agree that he would be a day 1 starter and helps our entire offense improve…my main issue is that OG is one of the lowest salary jobs in the NFL…and one of the easiest to fill in the mid rnds because you have so many guys who played OT in college and now project to more OG…draft a guy at a premium position in the 1st then fill the roster out in other rnds

i agree that he would be a day 1 starter and helps our entire offense improve…my main issue is that OG is one of the lowest salary jobs in the NFL…and one of the easiest to fill in the mid rnds because you have so many guys who played OT in college and now project to more OG…draft a guy at a premium position in the 1st then fill the roster out in other rnds
Except we really haven’t had luck with those mid-round guys under JR. Nate Davis is inconsistent and he’s the only one who has stuck around much.

Except we really haven’t had luck with those mid-round guys under JR. Nate Davis is inconsistent and he’s the only one who has stuck around much.
JR has only spent 2 draft picks on IOL …Davis in the 3rd and then Tretola in the late rnds

In regards to other mid rnd picks Byard, Jonnu Smith, Jayon Brown, Amani Hooker have been solid mid rnd starters….would love to hit on every draft pick but that just doesn’t happen.

JR has only spent 2 draft picks on IOL …Davis in the 3rd and then Tretola in the late rnds

In regards to other mid rnd picks Byard, Jonnu Smith, Jayon Brown, Amani Hooker have been solid mid rnd starters….would love to hit on every draft pick but that just doesn’t happen.
I think JR is generally good at mid-rounders…on defense. OL and WR not so much. It seems we are better evaluators of defensive talent than offensive talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back