Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYTitansFan said:
most likely none of which we will get except maybe Randle El

No, we won't get him. Plus we don't need another 3rd WR/Special teamer.
He isn't a No. 1 WR and most likely will never be. He's overrated.

We could get Petersen or Bentley, but not both. If Petersen comes in Sirmon gets cut and Bentley is a center/guard, so even if he wants to be the highest paid, we're not talking left tackle $$. Reese loved him when he came out, he's young, Pro Bowl caliber, has some versatility being able to play guard, we have a need with Hartwig an UFA (he'd be a big upgrade over Hartwig anyway)...all those things lead me to believe we'll make a run for him (more so than Petersen or anyone else). Can Bentley long snap? If so, we could cut Amato and save some more $$. Just a thought....

If we lose Hopkins to FA, Seth McKinney the Center from the Dolphins would be a good pickup. He was rated one of the best bargain pickups on some website earlier this year(cant remember which one). It is possible that the Titans could sign McKinney and Peterson both.

There is no way that Randle El puts on a Titans uniform. We already have too many #2 WRs and we need a legit #1

I still think Brandon Jones ultimately becomes the #1 - at least from the possession receiver standpoint

I like Randle El, you can do lots of things with that guy

I like Chris Hope from the Steelers and Na'il Diggs from the Packers, they would fit in real nicely. Claiborne may also fill in well at MLB, but i would love to just get Demeco Ryans or D'Qwell Jackson in the 2nd round...

I like the option of Julian Peterson, but I'm always reluctant to take risks on an injury. Could take him and then move Sirmon to the middle. I don't know why. Just seems creative.

Of course, as KVB proved, red is just an unfortunate uniform colour for injuries. Get Peterson outta 49ers red and into some Titans blue and that Achilles will heal up fine.

Tackhead #9 said:
Of course, as KVB proved, red is just an unfortunate uniform colour for injuries. Get Peterson outta 49ers red and into some Titans blue and that Achilles will heal up fine.

the powder blue is pretty bad for injuries too - except when our guys get hurt do they ever come back?

Bentley wants to go to Eagles, so he'll probably demand quite a contract to go to us.
Peterson could be nice, but except KVB we haven't had any luck with players recovering from a severe injury.
Randle could be a nice slot reciever because of his speed, but he's no #1 or #2.

The whole free agent lot this year is pretty mediocre. That could change with no CBA however. I hope Reese is like the Eagles and already has a few guys lined up....specifically WR, S, LB.

if we just wanna quit pursuing players because of their crack-head agents then we should just give up on guys represented by Rosenhaus while we're at it .... hmmmmmm ?

thats just crazy talk

bring him in
talk
and see what the price is

What kind of a receiver do the Titans want at #1 anyway, a playmaker, a speedster, a possesion reciever. Honestly. I pass on Peterson, but I do like Bentley. We need a quality center, but isn't he in contacts with another team?

Puck said:
if we just wanna quit pursuing players because of their crack-head agents then we should just give up on guys represented by Rosenhaus while we're at it .... hmmmmmm ?

thats just crazy talk

bring him in
talk
and see what the price is

Peterson hasnt been any good due to injury for the past 2 years and won't be worth the headache that the Postons produce wanting a huge contract for someone who may just be mediocre.

Plus we don't really need any more injury risks.

Puck said:
if we don't at least bring in peterson for a talk, then i'll start having serious doubts about this front office

Garbage. When you've got a budget for a 2nd hand mazda, you don't start ringing all the Porsche dealerships, just "for a talk".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back