Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Rumors are circulating that the Dolphins may be open to trading Ryan Fitzpatrick after naming Tua the starter. I'd argue we should look at giving up a late round pick or some back of the roster player to get him back into Nashville to backup Tannehill.

If we believe this is our year, having a guy like Fitz on the team to step in if Tannehill has to miss any time could make all the difference between us winning an important game or losing ground in the playoff race.

I mean yeah if you could get fitz for a 6th or a 7th then sure, you take the upgrade at backup QB. However he is worth more to other teams than he is to the Titans. And realistically if tanne goes down, so does the season, fitz isn't going to change that.

Why get off the Red Beard train?
Apparently even he was pretty blown away and "shocked" by it:

"I basically got fired yesterday and my day today consisted of Zoom meetings listening to the guy who fired me, and being in a spaced out room listening to the guy who replaced me"

I mean yeah if you could get fitz for a 6th or a 7th then sure, you take the upgrade at backup QB. However he is worth more to other teams than he is to the Titans. And realistically if tanne goes down, so does the season, fitz isn't going to change that.
He could be the difference for a few game stretch. I'm not talking long term, just if Tannehill gets banged up for a short stint.

And I thought he would be more important to another team at first too, but what other teams would he be more important to? The Jets don't care about winning this year. Maybe Washington? That's about all I can think of in terms of needing someone to start. Aside for them, he'd go somewhere as a premium backup.

EDIT: Washington actually makes a ton of sense and they should make a play for him. The NFC East is garbage, and they actually have some offensive playmakers that he could work with. He's definitely an upgrade over Kyle Allen or Alex Smith.

He could be the difference for a few game stretch. I'm not talking long term, just if Tannehill gets banged up for a short stint.

And I thought he would be more important to another team at first too, but what other teams would he be more important to? The Jets don't care about winning this year. Maybe Washington? That's about all I can think of in terms of needing someone to start. Aside for them, he'd go somewhere as a premium backup.

EDIT: Washington actually makes a ton of sense and they should make a play for him. The NFC East is garbage, and they actually have some offensive playmakers that he could work with. He's definitely an upgrade over Kyle Allen or Alex Smith.
Dallas and Washington are the obvious choices as he would likely be a starter there. Besides that he'd be an upgrade for 90% of teams at backup QB, so again he's no more valuable to Tennessee rather than anyone else.

The Colts.

I could also the Cowboys. Who's backing up Mahomles now a days?

Not cool to get benched like that but why is anyone suggestion he’s on the block even?
Miami would be stupid to trade him at all. Not only is Tua very unproven for anything but Fitz is about the best backup in the league if Tua gets hurt. They are very much in the playoff hunt too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back