Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article is a little flawed anyhow, seeing as how the Tacks are sans 3rd round pick this draft (unless something happened that I missed)

Reese needs to put the pressure on the Jets that we really want Leinart and are willing to move up to #1 to get him. Then the Jets make a deal to the Texans that they can't refuse to get Leinart. The Saints then take Williams/Hawk or trade out to a team wanting Young/Cutler and then we have the choice of Young/Cutler or Bush at #3...my dream draft day scenario

If the Saints trade down to a team that wants Young/Cutler then we wouldn't have our choice of VY, Cutler or Bush. We'd have a choice of Cutler or Bush.

The Jets will trade with the saints not the texans. We will not have a shot at bush. He goes #1 no matter who is picking there. Say goodbye the Reggie Bush dreams.

How many RBs have been picked with the #1 pick since 1982??? 1 that was Kijana Carter. Dickerson and Sanders who were the ***** coming out of college both went behind franchise QBs. Their is a premium put on franchise QBs come draft time. Also if you are spending 50mil on a player do you want it to be a guy that will be more injury prone and have a shorter career or a QB that is much less likely to have a career ending injury. Also the Texans are loaded at RB and Kubiak is coming from a system that could just plug in a mid rnd RB and get production. Their are just so many reasons that the smartest move for the Texans is to trade out that you have to consider it a possibility. If we make the Jets think that we are coveting Leinart and are willing to move to #1 to get him then they can't trade with the Saints and get him. If they call our bluff then fine, but Bush falling to #3 is a real possibility if you look at the history of the draft and RBs taken. I think you would have a hard time arguing that Bush is a better prospect than Sanders or Dickerson and they didn't go #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back