Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien Nash played great compared to everyone else.

If Troupe can keep up his play like today and last week?? (he had 116 last week didnt he?) he will be a monster.

I was surprised with Nash. He did look pretty good. I had all but written him off. Travis Henry looked good again as well.

I was really pleased with Nash. He showed power, good instincts and caught the ball well. For a rookie who got off on the wrong foot he looked good.

I was just posting on another thread, I think the FO will have to question after today whether it's worth it to keep Henry if Nash, who is built almost just like him (same height, one pound difference), can play to nearly the same level as him, primarily in the role of backup. Not sure if it's worth it to let Henry and Brown challenge for the #1 spot in camp. If we're going to try to bring in new faces, and need more money to do so, I'd consider trying to get back that third for Henry, and save paying him the roster bonus.

Gunny said:
Don't forget Nash played backups, don't pencil him in as savior yet.

You don't understand Gun. He was one of the few who looked like he was trying out there. It was that pitiful. No boxscore can tell you how awful this team was today.

bigtitan53279 said:
troupe needs to be used more. i think we've only really used him in a hand full of games this year.

I agree. He has shown that he can be real special. He is like a running back once he catches the ball...

No way man, Teyo Johnson is gonna be a superduperstud. He runs a 4.55684742 40, can bench press 935.32435 lbs, and has a 7.34 foot wingspan!!!! :geek:

And he played basketball!

Tony Gonzalez played basketball,
Gonzalez is great,
Teyo played basketball,
Teyo will be great.

I miss that guy...:ha:

It'd be nice if we could use Troupe more next year while also going to WR's more. Well, I don't want to ask for too much, but it seems like a step in the right direction.

I was just posting on another thread, I think the FO will have to question after today whether it's worth it to keep Henry if Nash, who is built almost just like him (same height, one pound difference), can play to nearly the same level as him, primarily in the role of backup.

Maybe you're getting a little enamored by the size similarity, but it doesn't mean much. Henry has proven to be a solid starter, and a very powerful runner. Nash doesn't have those qualities just because he's the same size.

I agree. Troupe looked really good against the Jags - I think he has the potential to become a better TE than guys like Gonzales and Gates. He just needs to be more consistent catching balls. And it seems that either he isn't getting involved at all in the OF sometimes or he isn't getting open. I think it's the former IMO. I'd like to see him start instead of Kinney next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back