Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Ty Law passes physical but plans to visit several other teams. He comes at a great cost, 10 million signing bonus. Questions;
Is that 10 million guaranteed or are there incentives built in that could keep him from getting all of it?
Does anyone else out there worry that Law could be another Pickens/Thigpen nightmare? Or is that just the gamble that we have to take!

The only real concerns that the team and fans have or should have about Law are whether he fits iin under the cap, leaves us addditional cap room, and whether he will be another Adam Jones-like cancer on the team.

Law Pays Visit to Titans

SUMMARY: CB Ty Law paid a free-agency visit to the Titans yesterday and passed a physical. However, signing the five-time Pro Bowler doesn't appear to be on the horizon. "We wanted to meet and greet, get to know him on that basis," Reese said. "Once he finishes all his trips, if he wants to sit down, then I think we could get a feel for where we are. We'll just have to see. He seems like a nice-enough guy, though, a Pro Bowl-quality guy." Law is visiting a number of teams and is believed to be looking for a signing bonus of at least $10 million, and right now the Titans have roughly $100,000 in salary-cap room.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

By reading the opinions of others and factoring in the concerns that I have read... upside, downside, flipside, backside... any way you cut it...

Law is a poor fit. This is my impression of the consensus.

Really? It doesn't sound like it. Certainly not if we keep McNair.

Reese is keeping his distance to let Law know he needs to come down if he wants to play here, and Law has several other options. It's not likely, but I'd love it to happen.

He seems like he'd fit in pretty well with the rest of the D we've got.

I don't think he has bust potential because he has produced his entire career (when healthy) on 2 different teams. He led the league "post-injury" which I think is a very strong statement of his work ethic.

We're short on CB leadership and skill (no slight to Gunny or WU). Put me in the let Steve go, get Law camp.

Law probably will wind up in KC with Herm Edwards unless someone outbids them not sure we will pay what hes asking for. Whats the situation with Fuller we thought he could play nickle if he hadnt been hurt. I havent heard his name mentioned in any discussions about corner or safety.

PaCmAn 4 MvP32 said:
i think he'll be comin to NashVevas!! baby
i hope not.

i've said this before. if he was so great last year, why wouldn't eric mangini(his position coach in NE) want to exercise his option bonus and keep him?

bigtitan53279 said:
i hope not.

i've said this before. if he was so great last year, why wouldn't eric mangini(his position coach in NE) want to exercise his option bonus and keep him?

money ?
tude ?

GoTitans3801 said:
Really? It doesn't sound like it. Certainly not if we keep McNair.

Reese is keeping his distance to let Law know he needs to come down if he wants to play here, and Law has several other options. It's not likely, but I'd love it to happen.
I'm playing the part of barometer on this one. People are split but the opinions I respect the most on this sort of thing say Law isn't right for us. I think he a heck of a player... (or at least has been) ... GT, keep in mind that I am very impressionable on topics like this. However, if Law becomes a Titan of course I'll get on board.

no doubt he is talented, but in reality he's only been "elite" 3 years in his career; add to that the fact that he's 32 and you find yourself in somewhat of a pickle

It seems obvious to me that the Titans are VERY interested in Law. but they are being very careful not to tilt thier hand as that would lower Mcnairs trade value because if they made it clear they were going to try to sign ty law, The ravens would be 100% sure we were going to release him instead of 98% sure they are now. Ok 99.5%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back