Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say that's pretty accurate. Too bad they didn't mention Scaife, Roydell or Roby, all of whom have also looked very good, and I'd argue that Scaife should have been included on the list of surprises...but with three picks who have yet to take a snap, I'd say the B+ is a pretty fair overall grade.

I think its way too soon to take what this guy is saying serious. Some of those high graded teams could easily flop in a year or two - you never know. Him not mentioning Scaife and Roydell is disappointing, especially Scaife.

The ironic thing is Fisher was talking about Reynaldo Hill the minute he drafted him... also Kiper had mention that Hill and Williams were two of the biggest steals in the draft for the round they were taken in... both selected by Tennessee.

That's true. If Hill turns into a solid starter and Roydell our #1 with both being possible future Pro-Bowlers, we might have gotten alot of bang for our buck. Good remark on the Kiper quote, btw, I totally forgot about that.

"... WORSTS AMONG NO. 1 PICKS

1. Travis Johnson, DT, Texans: For a team with so many other problems, a defensive lineman who has trouble staying on the field has turned out to be a remarkable waste."

good old charlie casserly.

Soxcat said:
I hope the guy stays there. At least we can get two wins in our division as long as Casserly is at the helm.

Were you thinking the same thing last year.

That being said I don't see how they can give us a B grade.

Just face it you got swept this year by a really bad "rebuilding" Titans team. There is no excuse for the bottom feeder Tinhorns other than your front office.:ha:

I'm surprised Demarcus Ware wasn't listed on the "Best" list for the draft. I don't watch the Cowboys alot, but he's always making plays when I do. And he was making a big impact from game 1.

I think last year's draft for the Titans may be the best since they moved to TN. Only time will tell, but it's certainly one of the best. Here are recent drafts for comparison

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/teams/TEN

Overalls said:
Were you thinking the same thing last year.
The only thing we were thinking last year was how injuries decimated the Titans chances.
We can sweep you any year, even our rebuilding year after a salary cap purge, but not in a year in which injuries wipe out our offense and defense.

Consider last year a gift.

Should have got an A...

When you consider the number of rookies who made the team and those who contribute i think this is a far better class then some other recent ones. In addition to three starters we got bo scaife, brandon jones and roydell. Not sure what positive things we can say about roby any more though. We had 2 other offensive lineman make the team as well.

What more can you ask from one draft?

Roby may have hit a rookie wall. Besides, you can't catch the ball if it doesn't come your way and I have not even seen a pass his direction hardly for a couple of weeks. Roby was very good at returning kicks until Pacman took over. I still think he was a good pick.

Hoffa said:
The only thing we were thinking last year was how injuries decimated the Titans chances.
We can sweep you any year, even our rebuilding year after a salary cap purge, but not in a year in which injuries wipe out our offense and defense.

Consider last year a gift.

Can I consider this a whiney excuse. I could use the same lame excuse for year before last

gloating about beating the Titans last year is sad.....just like gloating about beating the Texans this year....you guys are a poor excuse for a football team this year, so I suggest you not be too vocal on certain things. Although, I can see why you would gloat about beating the titans last year - it's the only highlight in your franchise's pitiful history.

Overalls said:
Can I consider this a whiney excuse. I could use the same lame excuse for year before last
So you really expected to beat the Titans that year? What this year has proven is that your team NEEDED all of the injuries last year to beat our team, this year was no big suprise we are rebuilding while you guys were suppose to be fighting for a playoff spot ( not 1st pick in the draft). So what are the excuses now... injuries? I hope you guys do draft R.Bush with the first pick and keep him, with the fact that you guys have given D. Davis(a good player by the way) a new contract and add that with what 1st picks get paid you guys will have about 60-70 mil tied up on one position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back