Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: It all ended as it began -- a blowout. The Titans began the season falling to the Steelers 34-7 and making a number of costly penalties, mistackles, drops and other mistakes. Then, in the season finale, they were embarrassed by the Jaguars 40-13 in what looked very simular to the opener. Did the Titans improve during the 2005 season? Some admit they didn't. "Did the team get better from start to finish? My answer would be no," G Zach Piller said. "It's very disappointing. That's all I can say." Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said among the issues to be addressed is adding more speed on defense, finding a deep threat on offense and getting more veteran leadership on the team.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

That's what happens when your team is in a rebuilding phase.

Did the 49ers or Texans improve throughout the season? I don't think so.

At least there is nowhere to go but up. :))

Good point. The area that looked like we were beginning to show the most improvement was at WR. The young guys were starting to get more comfortable with the offense and becoming more consistent. Injuries hurt us there. The bottom line is the vets let us down big time. The OL, S and LB were areas were we didn't have great talent but enough experience to be competitive. Those areas were consistently lousy all year.

coltman18 said:
That's what happens when your team is in a rebuilding phase.

Did the 49ers or Texans improve throughout the season? I don't think so.

At least there is nowhere to go but up. :))

I think we improved in Special Teams basically, but we lacked a playmaker both defense and offense, and that has to change for next year because I am sick of losing to the Colts!!!

Well it's true. Not one of the veterans improved their game from week 1, however I think all of the rookies improved overall.

Starkiller said:
Tank Williams was probably the only vet who improved as the year progressed. But I still wouldn't re-sign him.

I would!!!!:greedy: He looks good!!!!! But not Lamont!!!!!!!!! :winker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back