Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
he has looked great in games ive seen has great speed & price might be cheap since nobody has signed him yet ,also s mcdonald from rams is out tyhere or boringer with cheifs & lwt them battle with calico for our 6th wr .we could keep 7with the way they seem to get injured so much.

No thanks?

curtis as some remember was one of the fastest WR in the 2003 combine and his 43 wonderlic was the highest ever for a WR. Because of those things he was drafted a rd higher than he normally would be.

Curtis has not played a real lot. He hardly had any kind of rookie year and then did ok in 2004 which was almost like his rookie season. This year as the rams #3 he was able to play a lot and start 7 games in place of bruce and holt when they were injured. His 60 catches and 800 yards suggest he would be a solid productive player which is why the rams won't let him go easy. It will take a lot, too much to sign him and besides our young WR should emerge as comparable players. A couple of them anyway. It's not hard to imagine roby who is physically similar with that kind of speed being a comparable player this year. Young perhaps as well and we will have to see how jones does coming off that knee.

So no thanks. We can do better with that money.

if they took him they would use him where they wanted to use calico but since they still have calico and theres a minute possibility he comes around hes not worth the price you'd have to pay

59 738 12.5 40 2
60 801 13.4 83 6

Kevin Curtis was better than David Givens last year, got more TDs, had longer receptions - those numbers look more like a number one to me. I think Kevin Curtis is a better option than Givens personally.

Curtis vs givens...

Curtis has only produced one year where givens has been solid for 2. I don't see much difference either way but i doubt if curtis could be had at a better price.

Either one is a #1 WR ideally. Both have really been #3 right? I certainly don't see curtis with one 800 yard season as a #1 but like mason in 2000 that might have been his breakout year.

As gunny said we don't need 6 vet WR and actually it would be 7 with calico. Since calico makes little money($705 against the cap) and has very little trade value he needs to stay around.

I said this before i'll say it again. This could be a huge year for steve mcnair. He will now have a plethora of quality WR, TE and a good back to throw to and frankly roby might be as productive for us as curtis would be. If calico can improve off that injury and young continues to get better look out.

Will this be 2003 all over again for mcnair? Don't be surprised.

RollTide said:
As gunny said we don't need 6 vet WR and actually it would be 7 with calico. Since calico makes little money($705 against the cap) and has very little trade value he needs to stay around.

note the date and time.

Givens, Bennett, Calico, Roby, Williams, Wade and Jones who will be PUP'd for most of the season.
Wade will probably be gone, that leaves 5 WRs. The #6 can be a late draft pick or UDFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back