Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I believe he's mentioned before that he'd be willing to move to MLB but do we know he has the game to shed blocks and be effective in the middle? Also, with Sirmon's contract ending after the '06 season, I wonder if the Titans might be ready to look at Rob Reynolds at MLB.

Any chance Sirmon is cut? He saves $1.5M if he's released, right?

$2.4M if he's released. But I think he'll probably stick around and play MLB for a year. Then we'll see next next year if they might want to keep him.

I do not post very often but let me throw this out there. We should call Cleveland up and offer them Sirmon for their soon to be ex-center Jeff Faine out of Notre Dame in 2003. I remember we were really high on him that year. Great sign in the lb from the colts very fast and we needed an upgrade. I hope we do not sign givens, we need a #1 wr not a 2 or a 3 we have four or five of them.

LANGSTER said:
I do not post very often but let me throw this out there. We should call Cleveland up and offer them Sirmon for their soon to be ex-center Jeff Faine out of Notre Dame in 2003. I remember we were really high on him that year. Great sign in the lb from the colts very fast and we needed an upgrade. I hope we do not sign givens, we need a #1 wr not a 2 or a 3 we have four or five of them.
Not a bad idea except we would take Sirmons dead money from his contract all this year.
Verdict, Sirmon stays, moves to MLB, and Sirmon, Bulluck, Thorton becomes one of the best LB cores in the NFL

Starkiller said:
If we traded Sirmon (which we won't), he wouldn't create any extra dead money.
Im curious on how a trade of Sirmon would work cap wise? How would we not absorb any dead money by trading him

all we need to do is put thornton at left outside linebacker-- Bulluck at ritght outside linebacker --- and our LOL Peter sirmon should be moved to the Middle Linebacker position

Yep, Thorton in the weak side, Bulluck in strong, and Sirmon in the middle. Sirmon knows and reads the defense pretty good, and he's the biggest and slowest out of the three, so he belongs in the middle.

How do you guys think Bulluck would do as a SAM? Thornton, even though he weighs less, has been playing it the last two years. I'm not sure the coaches are sold on moving Bulluck out there. To the best of my knowledge, we haven't used him out there before.

TNTitansGlory said:
Sirmon knows and reads the defense pretty good, and he's the biggest and slowest out of the three, so he belongs in the middle.

He's not as slow as Kassel. If he's back to form, we could have a VERY solid LB corps...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back