Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I was just browing those online, the 18 members and 110 guests or whatever and the guests are coming up as 'Yahoo Slurpe Spider' and 'Google Adsense Spider'.

what they hell are they?

The top search engines such as Google and Yahoo send out spiders which search the site for new content which appears in their search engines. Google AdSense is that little ads which pop up and they post an ad based on the content on the page.

That tech stuff makes my head spin...I rachnid that's because I don't understand it. But I hate getting tangled up in all those ads when I'm weaving my way through the web.

What sucks is I have an irrational fear of spiders
moe.gif

I read somewhere a person - on average - swallows 4 spiders per year in their sleep.

Spiders I aint too worried about, Snakes on the other hand....

No, Gunny, it's not a fake....it's a trick of perception.
One focuses on the spiders and the soldier's leg, but not on the heel of the palm on the upper right foreground that gives the dimensional reference.
Notice that the spiders are only slightly bigger than the cuff. Still, that's huge!!
They are arachnids, but not "spiders" exactly. They are called wind spiders, wind scorpions, and Iraqi camel spiders.
What is false are the legends about them: bigger than dinner plates (actually 5"); that they secret a Novacaine-like venom, and eat soldier's arms off while they're asleep; that they jump onto camel stomachs and eat them out alive, etc...
However, I gotta film to show you if I can find it...

avvie said:
No, Gunny, it's not a fake....it's a trick of perception.
One focuses on the spiders and the soldier's leg, but not on the heel of the palm on the upper right foreground that gives the dimensional reference.
Notice that the spiders are only slightly bigger than the cuff. Still, that's huge!!
They are arachnids, but not "spiders" exactly. They are called wind spiders, wind scorpions, and Iraqi camel spiders.
What is false are the legends about them: bigger than dinner plates (actually 5"); that they secret a Novacaine-like venom, and eat soldier's arms off while they're asleep; that they jump onto camel stomachs and eat them out alive, etc...
However, I gotta film to show you if I can find it...

I noticed the size difference on the leg and the hand/cuff.

That video is just wrong.

The first time I saw the photo, the right side was cropped out, so it looked like the leg soldier was holding them up...that freaked me out for weeks! :eek:
Then I saw the video, and it just got worse.
One night I did some research and eventually found the truth, but it's still a bit disturbing. If one of those turned up in my living room, I'm moving out!

Thank God I live ina country where there are no animals or insects that can harm me. :))

England....The best place to live, apart from Norway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back