Moola
Where does he Rank?

jru0k3.jpg

jru0xj.jpg

Puck said:
how did he become the "que dawg" ?

and that is what exactly ?
jrv96f.jpg

He's been a "Que" since his days at Alcorn State.

A "Que Dawg" is what members of the Omega Psi Phi a Black Fraternity that was founded on November 17, 1911 are called. You can call them "Ques" also they say it's not official but their image is that of a Bulldog. So thats where the dog comes from.

So when you see a Brother who is in college or older doing what McNair is doing in the last pic You know he's from Que Psi Phi. If you see anybody thats in High school doing that you know they are just doing what they see.

You ever see Larry Johnson forming that Triangle when he scores well that comes from Delta Sigma Theta a black sorority. Jay-Z and Roc-a-Fella records just made it real popular and it is now called the "Roc".

http://www.oppf.org/

CriticalTheory said:
So when you see a Brother who is in college or older doing what McNair is doing in the last pic You know he's from Que Psi Phi.

I always wondered why he did that and if it meant something.

I used to think that sign Mac did was like wings, hence "Air McNair". But yeah I did a lil research about a year ago, and found out what CT just posted.

KamikaZ said:
I used to think that sign Mac did was like wings, hence "Air McNair". But yeah I did a lil research about a year ago, and found out what CT just posted.
Yea you know I stay dropping knowledge.

G.O.M.A.B
jrwubp.jpg

Don't forget about that PBS (Phi Beta Sigma)

Blue!!!!!!! Phi!!!!!!
You!!!!! Know!!!!

Jerry Rice
Emmitt Smith
Willie Davis (HOF)
Jackie Slater (HOF)
Joey Porter
Hines Ward

Just to name a few

CriticalTheory said:
November 17

Ahhh, cool - that's my birthday

ok, so the first time I met Steve I asked him about the "sign" he throws up and he said it meant 'Omega Man' - straight from the man himself

KamikaZ said:
Warren is still the better player. But Mac is one of my all-time favs, no question.

However, if Steve were to have played back in the 'ol Oilers Run and Shoot days (an offense better suited to Steve's persona) I think he would have eclipsed what Moon did.

Not to take anything away from Moon, but Steve would've been a better pro had he been in an offense not controlled by Jeff Fisher's conservative style of play - imo

Puck said:
However, if Steve were to have played back in the 'ol Oilers Run and Shoot days (an offense better suited to Steve's persona) I think he would have eclipsed what Moon did.

Not to take anything away from Moon, but Steve would've been a better pro had he been in an offense not controlled by Jeff Fisher's conservative style of play - imo

I agree in principle. I'm just not one who thinks in a "alternative universe" sort of way. I do like McNair more though.

thanks Kami, I like to look at "all things being equal"

if you were to put Moon into a Jeff Fisher '95 lame-duck situation, I think he would crumbled under the intense pressure of suckdom

hold on ,.... belay that

Steve was a slinger in college and a freelance scrambler. 2 things that Jeff Fisher suppressed (to an extent). I always said that if Steve would have gone to Minnesota (which oddly I have a Steve McNair rookie card of him in a Vikings uni) he woulda put up silly ,ridiculous, Favre-esque / Marino-esque stats ... there I said it

Steve McNair was a wild stallion and Jeff turned him into a Tennesee walking Horse and never put substantial receiving ptions at his disposal (see Randy Moss). Really, Moon had some talent at WR. and at Steve's best he had a possession receiver (Mason). the only downfield threat Steve ever really had at his disposal was Chris Sanders and he couldn't catch a cold nude in a snowstorm

(breathe PuckDaddy ..... more Vodka)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back