Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Man we haven't had a RB rush for a Benjamin since week 14 of the 2004 season.

You do the math that was over a year ago, A year now what is wrong with that picture?

Everything that use to define the Titans is no longer here a hard hitting defense that was stout from the line to secondary. A smash mouth running game to control the clock and wear down defenses. I realize we no longer have a smash mouth RB but that is no excuse for not having a RB hit 100.

Whats the Deal Discuss

henry was suspended for a while, nash is unknown, payton limited snaps, o-line is awefull, brown is inconsistent, we don't control the clock at all anymore and our defence sucks, they cant hold leads late so we have to pass inorder to get the quick score

CanadaTitan said:
henry was suspended for a while, nash is unknown, payton limited snaps, o-line is awefull, brown is inconsistent, we don't control the clock at all anymore and our defence sucks, they cant hold leads late so we have to pass inorder to get the quick score

That's preety much the scenario. I wanna see what Brown and Henry can do next year behind an improved OLine. If in the end either of the two, or worst both, show they can't get it done then we need to look for a replacement. I don't think Brown is going to be the long term answer. That will become apparent heading into the next couple of off-seasons.

Tomorrow he'll get that chance. He isn't quite 100% yet, but Brown has been mostly in and out of practice this week with a shoulder injury, how he got that - good question. This kid is always getting some minor ding and I'm getting tired of it.

he gets one and doesnt completely heal from it.

but he hasnt missed a game this year, so it is an improvemen over last season.

True, but you can tell it effects his game. I think he's just sucked it up and plays through them, which seems to be slowing him down.

well he has long runs called back on holding penalties, most of which were TDs and/or woulda put him over 100 yards (and 1000 for the season)

Funny, Brown has been less injured this year than Henry and performed better as well.. oh and he didn't get a 4 day suspension. Why would you want Henry to start over Brown??

Gunny said:
well he has long runs called back on holding penalties, most of which were TDs and/or woulda put him over 100 yards (and 1000 for the season)

I agree, but some of those long runs were "because" of the holding penalties. Bottom line, we need better line play. We get that and the running game will follow.

Vigsted said:
Funny, Brown has been less injured this year than Henry and performed better as well.. oh and he didn't get a 4 day suspension. Why would you want Henry to start over Brown??

I'm saying it depends on Browns fitness, during the week from various practice reports, it sounded as if he wasn't a sure shot to play. That's why I said that. If CB is good to go, I want him getting the most touches and starting. Sorry, my post must've not been clear.

It's all about what you're built for

Kansas City's December winning streak at Arrowhead lives on, and so does its postseason hopes after a 20-7 victory against San Diego. Larry Johnson scored two touchdowns, and with 131 yards rushing extended his franchise record with his eighth consecutive 100-yard game -- and he did it against the league best defense against the run.
okay...I've been looking at K.C. --- Maybe I should be looking at Denver too.

chiefs_draft_history.pdf

I look at this and it is no wonder the running game is in the pits.
Now KC isn't the best team in the league, but they do know how to run the football. If a team wants to run the football, it starts up front. Go ahead. Look for yourself. KC, historically, over the years thinks nothing of spending draft capital building a line or obtaining a real deal back. Brown wasn't in high demand. Henry could hardly get a job. The Titans milked the hell out of Eddie George. That's all good. I have got no problem with these backs really.(Brown & Henry) But if the Titans are going to get cheap there...they should build a first class line to let it even out.

Henry or Brown could run for 1300+ yards )maybe 1500 yards) behind the KC line.
I like Henry's style a little more than Brown just because he is able to get production even when the line stinks. Still, it has not been either of the RBs fault this year. Brown certainly isn't any worse of a back than he was last year. Henry has shown sparks.

The big knock on Brown of course is his ability to stay healthy. Henry hasn't exactly done well in that area this year either. With limited work he has been dinged up quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back