Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Last year Chris Brown rushed for 1067 yards.....This year he didn't even eclipse 900......Travis Henry didn't even get 100 carries..Where was the running game?

Brown probably would have had over 1000 yds last season if not for all the holding penalites that took some big gains away from him.

Yeah, that's a lot of negatives. Also, we really hit this topic pretty hard during the season...it's kind of :deadhorse

BTW, welcome to the board. Thanks for comin' in:brow:

You guys forgot to metion games we may of won had it not been for scores being called back. That goes under the "holding penalties" umbrella but I think it's significant on it's own.

if CB doesnt get 1000 yards this year then his time has come and gone with tennessee he has shown flashes but come on he has all the potential and even showed early 2 years ago what he could do but the days of 200 yard games need to be there again he could by far be the one true difference that puts this team over the top in a few close games but we'll see in 6 months.

His flashes are too far and few between for me. We won't upgrade this year due to the need of players in other positions so we'll stick it out with Henry and Brown but I wouldn't be surprised to see some serious moves next year unless one of them has a really big year. Doubtful.

Why is it doubtful? If we had one stud RB who was able to get 1200 yards last year on 300 carries guess what we would have? About the same thing we got from CB and Henry combined. No doubt it was an off year for the running game but considering we had no vertical passing game and played from behind much of the year (not to mention the penalties) our RBs didn't do that poorly. Edgerrin James is a mega stud RB who just signed a mega FA deal but even James only acounted for 1500 yards on 360 carries last year. By the way James caught passes for 337 yards last year. Henry and Brown together caught passes for 444 yards last year.

The Edge does that almost every year and our two combined can't even accomplish what he does. Brown and Henry are 2nd tier RB's. I hope they'll prove me wrong.

rcarie said:
The Edge does that almost every year and our two combined can't even accomplish what he does. Brown and Henry are 2nd tier RB's. I hope they'll prove me wrong.

Hard to comment on something that brilliant.

rcarie....

If in first tier you would mean guys like LT and alexander, edge, barber etc i agree with you. Either of these guys are that good all around. But both backs are decent players and both come with a reasonable price tag. Brown is the better pass catcher, henry is better in short yardage. Both are alright runners who have had 1000 yards.

I think we will do better running the ball this year both in total yards and average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back