Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: LenDale White admits he'll play with a chip on his shoulder for other teams passing on him. "Right now I’m working with a 31-team chip on my shoulder," said White. "Every team that has passed me up, every team that didn’t give me a shot, I’m coming for them. I’m gunning. I’m going to do everything to get healthy, get in shape and I can’t wait to start playing football." White feels his relationship with Titans OC Norm Chow was the reason the Titans took him with the 45th pick of the 2006 NFL Draft. "Coach Chow has been there with me for a few years now," said White. "He recruited me and went through the process with me. He knows me real well. I ran the ball for him for a couple of years. He knows me better than a lot of coaches. I love Coach Fisher and I love Coach Chow and I’m so excited. I’m at a loss for words I’m so happy."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I heard White on Sirius this afternoon. He was very clear about his motivation and drive to use a "stiff-arm" to prove some people wrong. He got a little choked up about Fisher and Chow.

This guy is on board and focused. I believe he is gonna be a solid power runner. (and won't forget Indy passed on him:brow: )

Gunny said:
can't get over comment of the year with "I'm a wonderful person".

I also liked the way he responded when ESPN kept pumping about why he slid so far. "Hey, I don't care to talk about that- I thankful I'm a Tennessee Titan. The Lord put me there for a reason."

Gunny said:
can't get over comment of the year with "I'm a wonderful person".

Hey I like him. He sounds hungry. He's probably real real pissed 31 other teams ****ted on him like that by passing him so much. Some players might be frustrated or bitter about getting dogged like that, but he said "I just wanna go and start working out tommorow". Good attitude.

KamikaZ said:
Hey I like him. He sounds hungry. He's probably real real pissed 31 other teams ****ted on him like that by passing him so much. Some players might be frustrated or bitter about getting dogged like that, but he said "I just wanna go and start working out tommorow". Good attitude.

I agree. I like that he'll see one of the teams that drafted RB over him (Indy) twice a year.

I loved the interview with that woman on ESPN.

"I can't hear you. I'm gonna let you go now. I just wanna play football."

That was the greatest draft interview ever. Afterwards ESPN showed White and Bush's stats. They ran for the same number of yards and White had more than twice as many touchdowns. And if yall need convincing, go back and watch the Rose Bowl. The two guys that stood out the most in that game.......Vince Young and LenDale White.

I agree with you Riverman.. i'm glad he'll see Indy twice a year... White reminds me of a faster, more athletic Jerome Bettis ... and I like the sound of that

He did look happy. Me like. Love the smile. Where was Mario Williams? He didn't seem to have much to say all day. I liked his interview last night tho'. He seems like a good first pick energy wise. Bush is more low key. Like that rb in boyz in the hood who gets shot and dies.

KamikaZ said:

I like LenDale as well, I wasn't dissing him.

I love that comment because you hardly ever hear someone say something like that about themselves.

Peace

nfl_g_white_195.jpg

wplatham said:
I loved the interview with that woman on ESPN.

"I can't hear you. I'm gonna let you go now. I just wanna play football."

That was the greatest draft interview ever. Afterwards ESPN showed White and Bush's stats. They ran for the same number of yards and White had more than twice as many touchdowns. And if yall need convincing, go back and watch the Rose Bowl. The two guys that stood out the most in that game.......Vince Young and LenDale White.

Yea, I was joking with a friend that FR's idea of "scouting" was replaying the national title the night before the draft.

Kami...

I don't understand your attitude that lendale got screwed. Lendale had an anemic 15 reps at 225 lbs 9 fewer reps than jay cutler had. He never ran a 40. He was walking around about 20 lbs heavier than his listed USC weight of 238.

What really hurt him was the interviews where many scouts and GMs thought this was a guy who might not be easy to motivate, like he was a guy who was hard to get through to.

Fair or unfair these are the kind of things that will knock you back 20 picks and it did.

I agree he has motivation to show that every team that passed on him in rd one made a mistake. I certainly hope he is the next eddie george but his fall was his own doing.

RollTide said:
I don't understand your attitude that lendale got screwed. Lendale had an anemic 15 reps at 225 lbs 9 fewer reps than jay cutler had. He never ran a 40. He was walking around about 20 lbs heavier than his listed USC weight of 238.

I agree he has motivation to show that every team that passed on him in rd one made a mistake. I certainly hope he is the next eddie george but his fall was his own doing.

Oh, definitely... He should have just ignored the injury and run a 40, I'm sure he could have done it and not been slow... clearly he's just lazy. I bet he made the whole injury thing up. Wait? When he's injured and can't run he's gained weight? A guy that usually works out every day? What? That's astounding, something is clearly up... He's clearly done something terribly wrong...

Ok, maybe that's two sarcastic. I can't answer the bench press reps, but I also don't care about how many bench presses my RB can do. He couldn't run, and Fisher and Chow already talked about how he went to them and explained that he wanted to but couldn't. Seems like Chow's history with him gave us an edge here, glad we got him.

The way I see this, both players have huge potential along with a bigger chance to bust as well. Now is when coaches earn their money.

Titans2008 said:
Yea, I was joking with a friend that FR's idea of "scouting" was replaying the national title the night before the draft.
Hey, if they take Darnell Bing with their first pick in the 4th, I'll actually believe that's the case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back