Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
The Chicago Sun-Times reported Tennessee intended to pick Devin Hester with their second-round selection. The Titans were on the phone with Hester, making arrangements to fly him to Nashville before changing their minds with one minute left on the clock. Tennessee then selected LenDale White with the pick.

Hester was a nickelback/receiver/returner for Miami and was an early entrant into the draft. He was apparently a guy with first-round talent but without the experience and might have been better off to stay in school and get settled in at one position. Hester was drafted by the Bears later in the second round and will be tried at cornerback.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bears/cst-spt-2bear30.html

Fisher and Chow must have lobbied Reese hard on this one.

no kidding thank god we didn't draft Hester. I like him, he's a better prospect than Woolfolk was, but still, an athlete without a position forced to wait on.

I think I remember hearing yesterday from Reese that Chow talked him into drafting White by saying he was the most misunderstood player in the draft and that he would be well worth the draft pick.

Hester is probably among the most overrated players in this draft. Must say the White pick looks a lot better if the alternative was Hester...

Imagine what our draft would have looked like if we had taken Hester instead of White. Unless Pacman ends up behind bars, a possibility, we don't need a return guy and Hester is not a proven CB or WR. What were they thinking? Talk about trying to take a project with "potential". Our offense needed more than anything a short yardage back who could score TDs. White scored 24 rushing TDs last season. 24!

Soxcat said:
Imagine what our draft would have looked like if we had taken Hester instead of White. Unless Pacman ends up behind bars, a possibility, we don't need a return guy and Hester is not a proven CB or WR. What were they thinking? Talk about trying to take a project with "potential". Our offense needed more than anything a short yardage back who could score TDs. White scored 24 rushing TDs last season. 24!
Apparently, Reese is a moron.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/devinhester.html

Strengths:
An amazing natural athlete...Has outstanding speed and quickness with a rare burst...Can stop and change directions on a dime...Dynamic in the open field and a threat to score every time he touches the ball...Has great ball skills...Displays fluid hips and great feet...Versatile with experience at corner, wideout and running back...Might very well be the best return man available...Major upside.

Weaknesses:
Lacks experience as a starter and never stuck with one position...Is he a cornerback or a wide receiver?...Still extremely raw and needs a lot of development...Needs to work on his technique and learn the nuances of the game...Is not very physical...As of now he is basically just a special teams guy.

Let the football coaches decide who the better football players will be? A novel concept, it'll never work...

Seriously, I love what Floyd's done, but if that story's true, I'm glad he had the good sense to listen to old Normie on that one.

well, White was probably Chow's last option to get one of 'his' guys

he struck out on Mike, and Matt - he was going to quit if we didn't take LenDale. I can only imagine his face when we traded out of #39 - just knowing that Philly had eyes on a RB at some point in this draft

if we woulda left White on the board I woulda been picketing Baptist Sports Park that night

Puck said:
well, White was probably Chow's last option to get one of 'his' guys

he struck out on Mike, and Matt - he was going to quit if we didn't take LenDale. I can only imagine his face when we traded out of #39 - just knowing that Philly had eyes on a RB at some point in this draft

if we woulda left White on the board I woulda been picketing Baptist Sports Park that night

I got scolded when I said that Chow lobbied for us to Draft Mike Williams and that he favored Matt by Ewker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back