Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So the Titans are going to need to do some more cap manipulation to get below the cap number and to sign rookie class. Who do you extend or who do you just re-structure?

Byard, Henry, Lewan, and Cunningham are the main candidates...

I would do a restructure of Byard and Cunningham....and try to do a 1 yr extension for Henry and Lewan.

Other cap savings would be to cut Jenkins or Julio Jones post June 1.

JRob went so top heavy on the defense last offseason that it was at the detriment of the offense. He's probably going to have to cut some folks from the defense. Who, I don't know.

Zach Cunningham's number definitely has to change but I doubt we touch Byard's contract again. I believe we've already restructured him twice and I think he just plays it out from here.

I think Lewan will restructure a bit to big somemore guarenteed forward for 2022. We dont need to move much from him but if we coulf move about 5 - 6 million off his number this year then thar would help alot.

Ryan Tannehill's number needs to change at least some. Even if we only get him down to 30 million we will need the breathing room during the regular season.

Zach Cunningham's number definitely has to change but I doubt we touch Byard's contract again. I believe we've already restructured him twice and I think he just plays it out from here.

I think Lewan will restructure a bit to big somemore guarenteed forward for 2022. We dont need to move much from him but if we coulf move about 5 - 6 million off his number this year then thar would help alot.

Ryan Tannehill's number needs to change at least some. Even if we only get him down to 30 million we will need the breathing room during the regular season.

Tough part of Tanny is that touching his makes it harder to move on in the future.

Cunningham is the easiest to restructure (or cut if we wanted to go that far). Hope we get something negotiated with him.

Henry would also be pretty easy to restructure and could free up potentially 10 million in space.

Tough part of Tanny is that touching his makes it harder to move on in the future.

The way we move on from Tannehill is to draft a QB. Drafting a QB is compatible with restructuring Tannehill since the low cap hit on a starting QB contract offsets the dead cap the restructure creates.

Any belief that the Titans next QB wont be a rookie who sits a season behind Tannehill has not noted how much this organization values continuity. I'd guess Ryan Tannehill get some sort of short term extension this offseason to lower his caphit and bridge us to our QB of the future.

Cunningham is the big one, he's either getting cut or restructured no way around it.

Byard and henry both already have been restructured? Can't see them being viable options, especially henry. We all love him but the sad reality is there's going to come a time where we gotta cut ties and that might be sooner rather than later, best not to impede that.

Lewan may be a good option.

Jones is here for another year at least

Cunningham is the big one, he's either getting cut or restructured no way around it.

Byard and henry both already have been restructured? Can't see them being viable options, especially henry. We all love him but the sad reality is there's going to come a time where we gotta cut ties and that might be sooner rather than later, best not to impede that.

Lewan may be a good option.

Jones is here for another year at least
Maybe restructure Cunningham. But if we restructure him, it does make his future cap hits greater. Maybe that's not a big deal with a rising cap, but it's hard to say.

I don't know that I would cut him either. Yes, his AAV is top 5 for his position. However, since the Texans already paid the signing bonus and most of his first year, his yearly salary for us is more in the top 10 at his position. I don't know that we're going to be able to find someone else out there to fill what he does for us for that pay.

Maybe Jarrad Davis, or make a play at Dont'a Hightower, but I don't like the fit for either of those guys as much as Cunningham in our defense. The rest of the FA group is not good at all.

Actually, JR specifically named Byard as a potential restructurie candidate. He said Byard and Henry were both players who could help make some more room.

Cunningham restructured. Saves almost 7 million this year

We better be using that Julio money on something big then. Literally no point in releasing Julio just to restructure Cunningham and others. A ton of other ways they could have saved money. No we created a huge hole at WR2 and we still don't have any money.

We better be using that Julio money on something big then. Literally no point in releasing Julio just to restructure Cunningham and others. A ton of other ways they could have saved money. No we created a huge hole at WR2 and we still don't have any money.
Something’s a comin’.

Ideally, if Watson is going to the Falcons, maybe there is way we could end up with Matt Ryan and Tanne goes somewhere else. I highly doubt it, but I could live with no Julio if it meant we were moving on from Tanne.

The fact that Julio was on the sideline during the most important drive of the season speaks volumes to me. The coaches no more about what's going on than we do. If they felt it was necessary to cut bait, then I'm all for it. Long offseason still to go. Let's see what happens

The fact that Julio was on the sideline during the most important drive of the season speaks volumes to me. The coaches no more about what's going on than we do. If they felt it was necessary to cut bait, then I'm all for it. Long offseason still to go. Let's see what happens

The coaches also continued to run Quessenberry out at RT despite him giving up 11 sacks on the year.

Coaches aren't infallible. They make bad decisions all the time. Tanne had Julio wide open not once, but TWICE during the Bengals and both were easy TDs. Tanne missed him both times. You can't tell me he wasn't one of our 3 best receiving options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back