Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Lets say that Reggie and Vince are off the board at 3. Who do you take???

1. Matt Leinert
2. A.J. Hawk
3. D'Brickshaw Ferguson
4. Jay Cutler
5. D. Williams
6. Trade Down

Well, my newest bold strategy is to pick "late" (as I understand it, if you don't make your pick in time, the next team is allowed to pick ahead of you) just to see who the Jet's will pick. My feeling is they will give Pennington another shot.

If the Jet's don't take Leinart or Cutler, it could open up a lot of trade possibilities, since Packers, 49'ers, Bills and possibly even the Lions aren't looking for a QB.

Cardinals have other needs, but they would be dumb not take a QB if one falls to them (of course they did pass on Rodgers last year, but by now they must realise Warner/McClown are not the solution).

So hopefully we could lure someone in the 6-9 range to leapfrog the Packers for Hawk, Williams or D'Brick, Leinart/Cutler whoever is still on the board and then grab the remaining QB.

If we miscalculate and both Leinart and Cutler are gone we still have a shot at at least one of Hawk, D'Brick, D. Williams, Jimmy Williams, Michael Huff, Chad Greenway, Demeco Ryans etc.

If we can't get a satisfactory trade I'd pick Cutler in a heartbeat. He has looked real good in the practices I've seen and is getting good remarks from scouts. Plus he looks like he can get even better, as opposed to Leinart who some feel is as good as he's ever going to be.

Vigsted said:
Well, my newest bold strategy is to pick "late" (as I understand it, if you don't make your pick in time, the next team is allowed to pick ahead of you) just to see who the Jet's will pick.
No way in hell...

ronald_main.jpg

:lol3:

Vigsted said:
Well, my newest bold strategy is to pick "late" (as I understand it, if you don't make your pick in time, the next team is allowed to pick ahead of you) just to see who the Jet's will pick. My feeling is they will give Pennington another shot.
:chairwack

titans2871 said:
Lets say that Reggie and Vince are off the board at 3. Who do you take???

1. Matt Leinert
2. A.J. Hawk
3. D'Brickshaw Ferguson
4. Jay Cutler
5. D. Williams
6. Trade Down
Trade down to around 6-9. AJ, Jay, or DeAngelo Williams should be there.

I'd be torn between Leinart and D'Brickashaw. I probably see if I can TRADE with the Jets, not just give up the pick. And I'd sit and answer the phone for about 12 1/2 minutes.

Man, some people in here are too afraid to think out of the box.

Seriously, the big issue about trading down is who out of the Jets, Raiders, Lions or Cardinals might take a quarterback. If the Jets don't, then one could go to the Raiders (if they can afford it...), Millen will probably give Harrington another shot now that he fired another HC, and Cardinals have not been that bad at QB, it's more their O-line that needs work. If so we could probably trade all the way down to 12 (is Baltimore fed up with Boller soon? I wouldn't want to risk them taking the last of the 3 quarterbacks).

And there's no question in my mind, that trading down while still getting one of the players you covet (in our case probably one of the 3 QB's) is the optimal solution.

If you're afraid of taking chances, you pick D'Brick, since he pretty much can't fail to be an improvement on our O-line. As far as QB's I'm on the wagon that rates Cutler as high if not higher than Leinart, and I like Cutler's arm a lot.

Leinert. Then I'd be more ok with dropping McNair because you have a Heisman trophy winner walking into a similar offense with a old connexion. It couldn't get much better than that. seriously. If you think Young is a major takent, imagine a heisman trophy winner already knowing the offense. It too is a perfect fit.

Vigsted said:
Man, some people in here are too afraid to think out of the box.
I'd be OK with trading down 1 spot with the Jets, but just passing on our pick would be stupid. You can't do that at #3 and not get any compensation...

Problem is you won't get Jets to trade 1 spot up, unless you know exactly who they want and strongarm them to give you a trade (like the Eli Manning deal). I just don't see it happening. However who the Jets are going to pick will, in my opinion, have a big impact on how far we could allow ourself to trade down, if it there are even any takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back