Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So with us having an extra 3rd rnd pick we could move up to 18 by trading one of them...

Is their a player you would be willing to trade up for if they happened to fall?

if Surtain where their I would have no problem moving up for him.

Other than him I’m not sure I move up for a WR given the depth of this draft....I’m not in love with any of the edge guys enough to move up

No way it happens, but if Pitts, Waddle, or D. Smith fall to that range I'd make the move in a heartbeat. Maybe Surtain or Horn as well.

EDIT: I'm adding Kwitty Paye to my list too.

Last edited by a moderator:
There just isn’t an edge guy that I love brought to sacrifice a 3rd for with all the holes we have.
I’m actually not as worried about CB as some, I think Jenkins, Fulton and Borders/Johnson are good enough to get us through the draft, and then we can pick up a vet if we need one.
This WR class is so deep, we’d prolly be better served picking the best WR at 22 and then another in the 3rd, rather than move up.

All this being said, I would definitely go pass rush with the first pick. Barmore or an Edge.

There just isn’t an edge guy that I love brought to sacrifice a 3rd for with all the holes we have.
I’m actually not as worried about CB as some, I think Jenkins, Fulton and Borders/Johnson are good enough to get us through the draft, and then we can pick up a vet if we need one.
This WR class is so deep, we’d prolly be better served picking the best WR at 22 and then another in the 3rd, rather than move up.

All this being said, I would definitely go pass rush with the first pick. Barmore or an Edge.

Have you seen our CB's and WR's? I like Fulton a lot, but we are expecting a guy who couldn't beat a 7th rookie for snaps to be our CB2.

I'll be livid if we draft a depth guy in the first instead of addressing those needs.

Just for sh*ts and giggles...I tried trading up in the simulator and it took 22, 3rd this year and a 4th next year to move to 18

And the players that were there I could get at 22 lol

Last edited by a moderator:
So with us having an extra 3rd rnd pick we could move up to 18 by trading one of them...

Is their a player you would be willing to trade up for if they happened to fall?

if Surtain where their I would have no problem moving up for him.

Other than him I’m not sure I move up for a WR given the depth of this draft....I’m not in love with any of the edge guys enough to move up
Jamar Chase. He wont... but if he slips in the draft I'd be all about trading up for him.

I know we re-signed brown and still have Evans and Long, but Jamin Davis out of kentucky is a bad ass. Off the charts testing and productive when he finally got a starting nod. Big and physical but can cover too. I'd trade up for him and move him all over the field defensively. He can play both ilb spots, and could be what Evans SHOULD be.

Pitts...but I'm afraid we wouldn't use him properly

Surtain

Parsons

Horn
I agree about Parsons being a guy I’d move up for too. Although we have Brown and Evans, they are both scheduled to be FAs next yr....

I will be shocked if Jamin Davis goes before #22...he has had only 1 productive yr.

I know we re-signed brown and still have Evans and Long, but Jamin Davis out of kentucky is a bad ass. Off the charts testing and productive when he finally got a starting nod. Big and physical but can cover too. I'd trade up for him and move him all over the field defensively. He can play both ilb spots, and could be what Evans SHOULD be.
I like Davis too but 22 is way too early. He will likely be there in the 2nd. PFF has him ranked as the 63rd prospect overall. I wouldn't hate it if we took him in the 2nd and JRob has shown he's not afraid to draft a player a year early (when we already have incoming starters at the position) if it's the right guy (or even the wrong guy if you consider Isaiah Wilson, LOL).

If we go LB in the 1st, I much prefer Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

I agree about Parsons being a guy I’d move up for too. Although we have Brown and Evans, they are both scheduled to be FAs next yr....

I will be shocked if Jamin Davis goes before #22...he has had only 1 productive yr.
Parsons could fall but I don't he will fall that far...Evans takes too many penalties, I could see us moving him tbh
I think we will have to move up in the 2nd to get the CB or WR we want, if we go Edge in 1.

I like Davis too but 22 is way too early. He will likely be there in the 2nd. PFF has him ranked as the 63rd prospect overall. I wouldn't hate it if we took him in the 2nd and JRob has shown he's not afraid to draft a player a year early (when we already have incoming starters at the position) if it's the right guy (or even the wrong guy if you consider Isaiah Wilson, LOL).

If we go LB in the 1st, I much prefer Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.
If Davis is at 22 take him. He won't be around by our 2nd pick. He might not even be there at 22. He's flying up mock drafts.

Only guy I'd trade up for, and that would potentially be there around #18, is Barmore. We just signed an edge guy. Not sure any WR or CB makes it that far to be in range we would want to trade up for. To trade up it has to be an elite type player because we can stay and get a quality pick anyway.

Barmore brings another Simmons type player to the DL and interior guys that can get to the QB are hard to find. Not sure he makes it that far but with the other positions coming off the board it is possible.

Only guy I'd trade up for, and that would potentially be there around #18, is Barmore. We just signed an edge guy. Not sure any WR or CB makes it that far to be in range we would want to trade up for. To trade up it has to be an elite type player because we can stay and get a quality pick anyway.

Barmore brings another Simmons type player to the DL and interior guys that can get to the QB are hard to find. Not sure he makes it that far but with the other positions coming off the board it is possible.
I've seen a lot of mocks with Barmore falling out of the 1st. I bet he is on the board when we pick, we wouldn't need to trade up.

The thing that scares me about him is it's like 1 year of production. Actually less than that because he started slow. But when he figured it out he was a monster. Was the starting slow due to being lazy, not understanding the scheme, or did things just suddenly "click" for him? He's definitely an interesting player.

He has large hands and very good quickness and agility for his size. His lack of experience is the only reason he could fall to us. Interestingly I did a draft simulator at PFF and took Barmore and then Teven Jenkins in the 2nd. Hard to pass up big guys like that IMO.

I’m not sure how you can give him a clean medical...he has torn an ACL, missed 2 games with back spasms and just had a microdiskectomy... so pretty much seems like a JROb guy....top 10 talent falls due to medical

The back thing? Yeah.

Torn ACL in 2017? Meh.

The other thing is that if we aren't taking Farley, we may be taking Newsome, who missed 14 out of 35 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back