Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
We've signed a few players from FA. (I'm leaving off the players that we had, like KVB, that we re-signed.) Which one player is going to have the biggest impact in 2006?

They are all such immediate help in crucial areas...
I guess I'll just have to hear the arguments from the opinionated ones...
then I suppose I'll throw my support to the player whose case is best made in the forum. It's hard to say and I'm certainly no analyst.

Love the signiture old man...:winker:

I think all 3 except Hope will be big contributors.

I don't like the Hope signing. Smells a lot like Dexter Jackson to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vincent Fuller and LT as our starting safeties by about week 4.

I think Thornton will have the biggest impact. If the LB corps gets better it will help stop the run and also help out our DB's in coverage.

I think Givens will have a big impact, but with so many talented WR's and TE's on the roster he might get "lost in the mix" so to speak.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mawae helped get our running game back on track, but it also depends a lot on who will be at RT, and who will play guard and how they perform.

While I think Hope was a good signing, I think he will have the least immediate impact. I believe a lot of the problems in the secondary last year came from poor LB play and scheming, plus 2 rookie CB's and safety coming off ACL surgery.

They both better kill it, to justify their signings. And I'm not saying that to be all "by gosh" and everything, but it sucks to have a prized FA suck in their first year with your new team.

So they'd better kill it....and kill it good.

Championship defenses like Pittsburgh have a way of making mediocre players look like future pro bowlers. It's hard for me to think of Hope as an up and coming player since I didn't know who he was a few months ago. Thornton is a good upgrade, but not nearly as dramatic as some here seem to think. Givens.... we have many receivers. I don't consider him a large upgrade from Brandon Jones. I would probably say that Brandon Jones was better had he not gotten hurt. Mawae, on the other hand, has been a premier player at his position for the last ten years and I really expect nothing short of a dramatic turn around with our interior offensive line next year. Curtis Martin's continued dominance long after the lifespan of most halfbacks wasn't an accident.

Titans2008 said:
Givens.... we have many receivers. I don't consider him a large upgrade from Brandon Jones. I would probably say that Brandon Jones was better had he not gotten hurt.

no way was Jones better then Givens

I think the addition of Mawea (sp?) is going to be huge. Our oline needed help especially at the center position. If you look at almost every good team they all have one common denominator-- go Olines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back