Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Could somebody please fill me in on why exactly he left and Chow was brought in? I've got other questions in regards to this but it's tough when I don't know the backstory.

It was about more than just money. I think he felt like the Jets job was more high profile and would help lead to him getting a HC job sooner. I also think he felt disrespected because the Titans let his contract expire before offering an extension.

Yup. It was the moolah and Dinger likely thought he would be more in the limelight in New York which would get him closer to a HC job sooner. He probably saw the problems with the Titans and the time it would take for them to become a contender again.

And some say there were some personality conflicts. Especially between Dinger and McNair.

It's no secret that I am completely enamored with Vince Young.

Do you guys suppose it ever occurred to Dinger that McNair was on the way out and a new prospect would be brought in? I loved the "ding scheme"...I like the aggressive approach to the passing game, the utilization of McNair in bootleg/shotgun ect... Chow's offense doesn't seem to be that at all...In fact it's a radical departure from gunslinging so to speak...

To me, it seems that McNair staying on is only benificial at 8-10 million if Vince Young is there, and the offense is built around Young's talents...

Leinart is real good...but at the same time it doesn't seem to serve the team well to pay big bucks to McNair if we are going with a pure pocket man...Now Dinger is out of a job and I am not convinced that Chow is here for the long haul.

Was Fisher unhappy with Dinger? Is there a possible scenario where Dinger could be brought back? How far reaching is this "rift" between McNair and Dinger? Seems Chow doesn't want to play McNair football and that makes me worry that Vince Young would be passed on...I feel we would trade slots with the Jets and take the Brick...

Also there is a perception that I've seen that Chow isn't big on Leinart? Where does this stem from?

Could "MAC money" be spent better in FA for defense?

It also seems the guys on O really appreciate Chow's even, low-key approach, as opposed to Heimerdinger's loud, firey style.

Sunshine said:
It also seems the guys on O really appreciate Chow's even, low-key approach, as opposed to Heimerdinger's loud, firey style.

the way the offense played they needed someone yelling at them

Ewker said:
the way the offense played they needed someone yelling at them
You know, that's funny that you say that because I've commented more than once this season that Fisher needs to get pissed and stay that way...maybe even throw a clipboard...He's too cool...Honestly...Fisher needs some Cowher power.

204747_cowher_hotseat.JPG
166721_cowher_yell.JPG

Look at that! Do you see the fire? This guy is winning a Super Bowl.
He don't need no stinking beard...:ha:
---------------------------------------------------
OT-My Ben Rothlis"beard" is coming along nicely...:winker:
---------------------------------------------------

TJ- Why wouldn't Fisher want to work with him again?
Fisher sides with McNair on this?
What is the fuss about in regards to why McNair/Fisher and Dinger don't click? Also, is it true that Chow may be using the Titans as a springboard to a HC position at a Div I NCAA school?

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Why wouldn't Fisher want to work with him again?
Fisher sides with McNair on this?
What is the fuss about in regards to why McNair/Fisher and Dinger don't click? Also, is it true that Chow may be using the Titans as a springboard to a HC position at a Div I NCAA school?
I see this as a loyalty issue for Fisher. I don't think Dinger even gave the Titans a chance to counter if they had wanted to. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong but Fisher has a history of being loyal (sometimes to a fault) with his staff but if they go behind him, (like I believe Les Steckel did in looking at the Buc OC job) word is he shuts the door.

As for Chow, we'll see. He'll certainly not get much attention unless the Titans offense shows a lot more soon.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Was Fisher unhappy with Dinger? Is there a possible scenario where Dinger could be brought back?
Shanahan just made Dinger the Broncos Asst Head Coach this week. He'll be the Broncos next HC unless they completely tank under Shanahan...which is doubtful.

Dinger wanted a HC job ASAP. He knew the Titans sucked, but Fisher was secure. Everyone knows that Edwards is more of a cheerleader than a headcoach...especially on Sundays when he can't manage the clock to save his life. So he took the Jets job knowing that Edwards would be on the hot seat if/when the Jets had a bad season. Dinger figured he'd step right in. Unfortunately Pennington got hurt, Martin got old, teflon Edwards bolted, and the Jets screwed him.

I think Chow ought to change up his offense with some spread sets with some posts and crossing routes. Then he could do some tight sets stuff...
He could call it the Smoke & Mirrors Offense. Mix some screens in too of course.

I miss that downfield passing game. What he does could work if he could just get some help on the ground. It seems that when the running game gets bogged down it just makes the passing game look so predictable and corners and OLB key on disrupt the timing of the whole damn thing. I can't believe I'm saying this but it's too consistent. Seems to me he lacks the desire to make adjustments. It all wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back