Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
with all this qb talk, has anyone thought about maybe going for mario williams with the first pick. i realize we have laboy, odom and schobel, but their all average at best. two solid ends would be nice to have for 5 or 6 years down the road and the way qbs are who's to say we can't get a solid one later in the draft. like croyle, kellen clemens or omar jacobs for example. just a crazy thought, but the thought of taking a qb and him not working out would screw us for a long time.

Today Schefter reported on Total Access that the Texans might be looking to land Williams, either at #1 or through trade. He said they rolled out far more red carpet for him than Bush, and are pushing more to begin contract talks with him then Bush.

By red carpet, I mean only some of the personnel were there to meet Bush. Most all were on hand to meet Williams.

Gunny, you may get your Bush yet, Bushman.

GLinks said:

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please.

hehe i typed all that out too.

GLinks said:
Today Schefter reported on Total Access that the Texans might be looking to land Williams, either at #1 or through trade. He said they rolled out far more red carpet for him than Bush, and are pushing more to begin contract talks with him then Bush.

By red carpet, I mean only some of the personnel were there to meet Bush. Most all were on hand to meet Williams.

I was listening to that on Sirius on the way home from work last night. Bush could fall right into the Titans' laps or at least to #2. I wonder if Bush is there at #2, will Reese go up and get him or will he be content to let someone else have a chance to trade up in front of him.

If Bush doesn't go #1, he's definatly going @ #2. The saints have Deuce McAlister who was injured last year. Then they can trade out of it - IMO the Jets would be interested; Curtis Martin on the DOWN side of his career.

thatwould be like heaven, but i think for the best of ouir future we take a QB, a DL can not have 10-17 sacks and we expect to go to the super bowl in 2-5 years. QB can do that,even bush prolly could

we did draft kearse in 99 and went to the super bowl. mcnair only threw for 2200. a solid defense and an average offense will get you where you want to go. look at the steelers.

hickoryholla said:
we did draft kearse in 99 and went to the super bowl. mcnair only threw for 2200. a solid defense and an average offense will get you where you want to go. look at the steelers.
true, but they did have quite a few offensive weapons that they could use, willie parker was very inconssistant but he can break a big one due to his speed, randle el is a very fast wr and he can do some gadget plays due to his qb background during college, and hines ward can catch any ball that is thrown at him

hickoryholla said:

Makes me think of the Ratbirds championship season with Dilfer :sad2: at QB!
"Offense wins crowds...Defense wins championships."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back