Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Andre Woolfolk...man, what a hot button topic.

If you believe in Andre this is your chance to come out.
If you doubt him, this is your chance to make it official.
Maybe this thread will be unearthed in a year and we can have a crow eating contest. Just the same, if you don't vote you shouldn't talk whether it be good or bad, but everybody if free to do as they please of course.

Come haters, come homers...be heard!

What is there to believe in? He will not even be starting this year at CB unless Hill or Pacman is injured (or suspended) and even if that happened there is no absolute assurance he would be the guy. Woolfolk could make a 100% improvement in his game but if Pacman and Hill play decent enough they are not going to be benched in favor of Woolfolk at this point.

Even if he ends up being a decent NB he has still fallen short of expectations.

i have no problem with him at the nickle back position or dime back in my opinion hes the best in the league there i think hes really good. thats as far as he should go. id give him one more shot at starting cb then if he doesnt pan out id keep him at nickle

"Come haters, come homers...be heard!"

Why don't you phrase the poll that way. Instead of doubter just put hater. Apparently we are not allowed to have doubts about andre without being called haters anyway.

You sure like smootching up to andre's uncle.

RollTide said:
Why don't you phrase the poll that way. Instead of doubter just put hater. Apparently we are not allowed to have doubts about andre without being called haters anyway.

You sure like smootching up to andre's uncle.
Tide, that is a valid observation. I phrased it that way so as to not put somebody in the position to use terms to deem themselves as such. Maybe I have used both terms but to be fair I don't think I have called Brian or you hater. I do not want to reopen the "hatergate" investigation over this. I'm not calling names here nor do I intend too...I'll call myself a homer on the topic but that is my choice. I believe WoolfolksUncle's insights even if they are spoonfed. In a year if I am wrong I will create a copycat thread of Brain entitled "not afraid to admit when I'm wrong" Until then I will believe until there are more games to be played. I'm not smooching up to anybody, I'm just sticking with my allies.

Puck, I did intend to make this poll public but when I realized that I forgot to check the public box I went back and edited out the warning that it was a public poll. I don't have much time to post at work so I said screw it and let it stand.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
. I don't have much time to post at work

really, ......
you'd think you'd stick with a few one liners or something

instead of paragraph upon paragraph of Monty Python
and handfuls of net graphics

hard to believe that you don't have time to click a checkbox

you can't fool a fool, fool :brow:

Going down memory lane is kinda neat. We can look at what we said a year or more ago and see if we were right or wrong. Looking at Brian's link I saw this post from WoolfolksUncle:

A bust is somebody that has been playing at a position and failing when expected to be much more.... Andre has not played as a corner because of Rolle and Dyson. He played nickel and did well until he got hurt. Now if he starts to fail drastically as a corner.... as THE premier corner, then mention it. Of course you have the right to be skeptical if you choose to be.... I am just suggesting a more positive approach, a little optimism.... Let us see what happens first.... Lets see if he makes that jump and helps the Titans shock the league. The Titans defensive backs coach said it best.... Nobody has tested him, maybe because he has had his man covered, maybe because he has done his job and put receivers on lockdown.... Read the article.... GoTitans!!!!!!

Brian isn't being mean spirited. He is just doing what the uncle requested. Mentioning it.:lol:

Soxcat said:
What is there to believe in? He will not even be starting this year at CB unless Hill or Pacman is injured (or suspended) and even if that happened there is no absolute assurance he would be the guy. Woolfolk could make a 100% improvement in his game but if Pacman and Hill play decent enough they are not going to be benched in favor of Woolfolk at this point.

Even if he ends up being a decent NB he has still fallen short of expectations.

I think you are right, the starters right now are Pac and Reynaldo, if one of both is injured he got a chance to start, but right now he is one of the best nickel backs in the league, and I hope that he improves next year to be a better secondary and a better defense, he has to be like a Donald Mitchell in the 1999 Super Bowl year for us, but I think unless Reynaldo and Pac get injured he has no chance to start at CB.

If you combine Woolfolk's career stats, you get decent CB numbers.

AW (career)- 29 games, 126 total tackles, 3 ints, 17 PD, 1 FF, 1 FR
Charles Tilman (05)- 15 games, 93 tackles, 5 ints, 11 PD, 4 FF, 1 FR
Rashean Mathis (04/05 average) - 16 games, 66 tackles, 5 ints, 14 PD, 1 FF/FR

Just to name a couple of guys.

I guess I'm a doubter... but don't you need hope in someone to doubt them.

I'd actually had a lot more hope if they draft a CB to take his spot and move him to FS to see what he can do for us up there.

You know how I feel about the development of our defensive players. Who knows what he capable of. Look at Dyson, looked awful last year. On a new team he looks like a different player.

Enough said.

At this point, he's been a huge disappointment.

I knew he would be slow (he only played like 2 years of CB right?), but he needs to show the team something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back