Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
thinking about our WR situation and draft strategy

Would you rather draft a WR in the 1st rnd or pick a WR in the 3rd and 4th rnd?

Floyd Reese seemed to like to double up on position of need in the mid rnds.

But when you have a bunch of needs like the Titans do then I think it would be best to fill the WR spot in the 1st rnd (if the value is their) and use the other picks to fill other areas.

n47ybamtdvdoh36xjy35

I would prefer to trade back in the first to add some picks in rounds 2-4, draft an OT in the late first and then draft 2-3 receivers in the mid rounds. Would love to add Mingo, Scott and Ford-Wheaton.

I understand the enamor of taking a WR in round 1, but I think the best option is to lock up a high quality OL and then use next few picks at WR.

How are we all going to feel if we get that top tier first round receiver if the line can’t hold up for a QB to get him (or anyone) the ball? And will we be upset if taking a WR so high and he only produces 45-50 receptions for 600 yards?

We will not be taking a TE in round 1
I doubt we take a TE at all. We have Chig as TE1. And just signed a blocking TE. We'll probably pick up a cheap vet after the draft like a reunion with Mycole Pruitt or sign Cameron Brate or something.

thinking about our WR situation and draft strategy

Would you rather draft a WR in the 1st rnd or pick a WR in the 3rd and 4th rnd?

Floyd Reese seemed to like to double up on position of need in the mid rnds.

But when you have a bunch of needs like the Titans do then I think it would be best to fill the WR spot in the 1st rnd (if the value is their) and use the other picks to fill other areas.
We already spent this year’s 4th on a WR…Julio Jones.

All you have to do is watch game film
It’s a hard No

I've watched him 3 or 4 times. Do I think he's good as of now? Nope. Do I think he can be good in time? Yup I do.

At the end of the day, it's not about what we think of him. He's been getting a ton of media hype and has been mocked at #1. So it won't be shocking at all if we made him our pick at 11.

I've watched him 3 or 4 times. Do I think he's good as of now? Nope. Do I think he can be good in time? Yup I do.

At the end of the day, it's not about what we think of him. He's been getting a ton of media hype and has been mocked at #1. So it won't be shocking at all if we made him our pick at 11.
I seem to remember a QB who looked average in games but had tons of potential, being mocked as a top three pick last year. We took him in the third round. He is not an NFL QB.

I seem to remember a QB who looked average in games but had tons of potential, being mocked as a top three pick last year. We took him in the third round. He is not an NFL QB.

Yeah agree. It's not my decision. I think everyone fell in love with Richardson during the combine.

I just have a strong feeling that we're going to draft him.

Willis was straight media hype.

Being that he was a 3rd round pick, it's hard to depart ways with such high capital so quick, but he's just not worth the time anymore.

Titans know they're done with Malik, therefore Richardson is the pick if he's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back